don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Truth to be told I only died / had to reset due to a glitch only a few times.

Most of the time I simply fell off the level due to crap controls / level design.

However it's blown out of proportion because it significantly reduces the gameplay experience, makes things unenjoyable in general.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah, Sonic Jam and the DS collection (as far as I can tell on the latter at least) both use streamed audio which could have been easily replaced with something else, but then, it's possible that the story and rights to the music are even more fucked up that we expect.

3. Spazzo

Spazzo

Ontario, Canada
    http://spaddlewit.com
    Are you in the UK, or elsewhere?

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You still install the game with Steam, so people that bought it from Green Man Gaming shouldn't have any more issues than people that bought it from Steam.

5. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    I'm in the US.
    Yeah, that's what I'd assume.

6. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
  7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  8. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Only difference I see is that the polygons aren't blurry as hell anymore.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    They did that in the patch. The entire game looks less blurry now if you don't use AA. This also means that jaggies are more noticeable.

10. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Call me crazy but I prefer that to the blurriness.

11. Chibs

Chibs

the worst human on the fuckin' planet Member
    I did, but I'm not so sure that has anything to do with it.

12. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    The download is the same in all regions. There actually is not a US specific Sonic Generations PC version at all, they just released it here for digital download because why not.

Also, I bought it on Green Man Gaming and have been just fine with the online mode.

13. Spazzo

Spazzo

Ontario, Canada
    http://spaddlewit.com
    Well, that ruins that theory. It was a shot in the dark at best, by my own admission.

Here's hoping SEGA catches wind of this and fixes it on their end instead, I suppose.

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    The title screen previously just had a white background, but now it has all those spinning decorations around it, reminiscent of the title cards.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Those decorations were always there.

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Hm... I checked the 360 demo, and you may be right. I don't know why they caught my eye this time...

EDIT:
    Just so I don't TOTALLY waste space with this post, here's something to consider for the wiki when we get started documenting some beta elements:

[​IMG]

This is a screenshot from the original gameplay trailer. In the final build (and every demo we've had, for that matter), that platform Sonic's balancing on is replaced with a Buzzbomber.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I also noticed the level design of City Escape classic is different from what I remember of the Gamescom demo.

18. Call me crazy but does anyone get a little creeped out by modern Sonic's smile on the title screen?

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Chemical Plant in the first gameplay shown had several switches that seemed to activate the bridge near the start of the level, in the final version they are activated by a script for the looks of it.

20. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Actually, I was really surprised they used that title screen. Honestly, I think Modern looks like shit.