don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I don't know if spoiler tags are really necessary, now. Chimpo (I think?) suggested we continue using them until last Sunday... MAYBE keep using them for super-major spoilers, as it does seem like there are a few people who haven't quite beaten it yet, but to continue using them for more minor things like easily-recognizable boss battle strategies seems a little silly AFAIC.

Speaking of which, I'm getting REAL close to 100%, now. I've been collecting red rings and completing all missions on each stage in order, and Planet Wisp is all I've got left. Then I'll just beat the bosses in hard mode, make sure I've S-Ranked everything, and spend the next 20 years of my life playing through the stages over and over and over.

Speaking of which, I really do wish there was a marathon mode. All Act 1, All Act 2, and All Zones, maybe? It'd be really awesome to flow directly from Green Hill to Chemical Plant without going back to the hub.

Also, I'm getting a review of Generations published in my college's paper next week. ^_^ Anything you guys want me to note or comment on?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I think if we keep using them for major things until this coming Friday night we should be fine - at that point the game will have been out in Europe for a week & the US for a week and a half; and as the game is only 5 hours long, that should have given everyone ample time to finish it.

3. CalamityJames

CalamityJames

Toot Toot Sonic Warrior Member
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
    Any females want my Xbox female super sonic avatar dlc code? Seems a shame to waste it!

4. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Sure enough, after posting that, someone else posted an S-Rank guide or something on it which gave me enough info to somehow clear it... *shrugs*

Now I've reached the
    final boss
    , and... I'll probably just glance back a few pages and look for others' suggestions on clearing it. Tried it for kicks a few minutes ago and not really feeling up to it til sometime later.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I've got one too. Up for grabs. Let's do like SEGA's Facebook giveaways. First to enter the code gets it:
    K67GG-DV2G6-PJ323-MQF3G-CXR2Z

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBxISLDB3I

7. The first time I saw that in crisis City, I was like WHAT

Because I find that stage rather annoying anyway.

8. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    So, let me get this straight....

Awesome game, almost ruined by a shitload of gamebreaking glitches? Maybe it's better that I didn't get it, I would have lost my mind.

9. Um, Kinda. Just play regularly and you won't find many.

10. Gamebreaking glitches that... Barely happen at all, unless you go looking for them. Same goes for Unleashed, nice assumption though.

11. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    There isn't really a shitload of them, they don't happen that often, and they most of the time they don't really break the game. (Especially compared to the Adventure games, or Sonic 06)
    They tend to happen when you're boosting all over the place, trying to find shortcuts and stuff.

12. corneliab

corneliab

...what the shit? Severe tunnel vision much?

Show me some replicable "game breaking" bugs that look easy to just stumble into. Hell, show me one.

13. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    Woah, woah guys. I've never played the game, I've just heard people tell me all this. I was asking a question, not assuming anything. A lot of people have told me it's glitchy as hell, so it's not like I knew any better.

14. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Sonic Generations has as many game breaking glitches as your average AAA game, which is little to none at all and they happen very rarely.

15. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    What about the video of the guy stuck on a wall jump pad a few pages back... that's pretty game breaking. Or the screenshots of people with invisible levels, that's definatly game breaking.

16. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    While I agree they are gamebreaking, he said "replicable". Every game has bugs, only in 2006 they happens all the time. Generations has glitches but they are very rare. I've played for about a week and the only problem I had was a camera bug in Speed Highway after the parking area. It's most definetely not glitched to hell for me.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    That looks a homing shot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-72GJ45HsQ&yt:stretch=16:9

I was bored. You can skip to about 4:00 to the fight.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Insert commentary about Bethesda and, really, anything using Gamebryo here.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Steam users, apparently one of Valve's servers has been breached and it's possible that folks' credit card info is at risk. Keep an eye on your bank accounts and what not. Just passin' it along.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Just started dicing around the Online stuff. Turns out the game thinks I'm European because I bought the PC version from GreenManGaming. *shrug*

As per usual, the srs kids have taken stupidly high scores and low times I could never attempt to beat. Typical.