don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Gin and Sonic

Gin and Sonic

Family Man Member
    Ohio
    I conduct research on fighting game community discourse ... does that count?
    Aww. At least there's always gold spraypaint... :D

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    So, from what I heard, Sonic Generations marks the first time ever that they translated Shadow's "Chaos Control" into German ("Chaos Kontrolle"). Sounds kinda… off. The subtitles for the other games, from what I remember, always kept it as "Chaos Control," as did the German dub of Sonic X (although they stupidly did pronounce any occurrence of the word "Chaos" like the German one, regardless).

I assume it's the same for the Spanish, French and Italian tracks. :B

3. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    It is. Usually they used Chaos Control but in Generations they translated in "Controllo Caos". I do, however, remember reading that term somewhere, maybe an instruction manual, but this is the first time it's used in-game.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hey check it out, SEGA released a special edition 20th anniversary crystal cube!

..Wait a second, I've seen this before!

Very cool for SEGA keeping traditions like that.

Oh alright then. just the way you worded it sounded like you had something against them.

Oh for god sakes here:

Sorry to inconvince you all. Just please credit "!!!!" from FFshrine if your going to spread it around.

5. Turns out I'm a member of FFshrine, so I'll send the links.

PM me :)

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Should've mentioned I already got sent it by Azu XD I was in a rush though. Sorry bout that!

7. Oh, no worries xD

More remixes than I thought.

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I think I've figured out a way to estimate the PC numbers. I was curious, so I went and purposely set a horrible time (22 minutes) on GHZ act 2, so I could see how many people had gotten the achievement "Join the Ranks". I figure it and act 1 probably have the most, but I'd already set a time on act 1. I'm at the bottom of the chart, #1789. Then I went to see what percent of people have gotten that Steam achievement. 18.4%. I'm pretty terrible at math, but correct me if I'm wrong...

1789 * .184 = 329.176

So, the PC version has sold about 32,917.6. If anyone wants to check the charts for act 1, that may have more people.

9. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Booyah! I'm probably not the first, but dang I'm happy lol

[​IMG]

After I hit the mark, I just had to kill myself... 18 times XD

10. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Hi everyone, uhm, this might be a rather odd question, but does anyone here know what and where the Sonic Generations (PC Version) save file is located? I wanna back it up on a USB Flashdrive (as I always do with my games) but I simply cannot find it?
    I would really appreciate a reply, if it's a bit more technical to get it a PM would also do it, I don't wanna derail this topic to much. =)

11. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Damn I forgot how German people make everything German, all manuals etc. I hope that game has an English option, I couldn't read german but I think Züruck means Language?

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    According to Krigo in the Generations Resources topic:

EDIT:

Well, as far as I am aware, the game has multi-language options in all regions, so, doubt there's problems there.

And, no, "Zurück" means simply "back."

13. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Ok thanks :).

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Same EXACT thing (I think) happened to me when I was doing a doppleganger race! The area where you rocket yourself into the hotel (the lower path, not the higher one!), the camera decided to show the FRONT of Sonic. The controls on this game are apparently camera-based, so in order for me to move "right," I had to actually press down-right (I wasn't seeing directly in front of Sonic; I was seeing him with the camera zoomed in and roughly rotated 45 degrees to the left while still facing Sonic).

The camera doing that weirdass shit was really jarring. I would have to press in the direction Sonic was facing in order to move him that way, and the objects obscuring my vision forced me to die and take the high path via shortcut.

16. Falk

Falk

The camera bugs out a lot on Speed Highway Act 2 for me. Trying to do those spirals and that car section while the camera spazzes out is pretty soul destroying tbh.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Nothing quite like getting completely disoriented when the camera loops itself around one too many times, and not knowing which way to go. I've ruined a few Speed Highway 2 runs that would've otherwise S-ranked because of that.

18. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    So, attempting the Egg Dragoon, I've gotten to...
    what I assume would be the final section, and it tells me to hold X (PC/360 controls)... and it doesn't look like anything different is happening when I hold the button. Pressing it creates that warping boost effect, but I'm lost as to what I should be experiencing. Usually when I'm confused/unclear on the instructions, I get hit/lose my rings/die. My framerate is probably partially to blame, but what should I expect? Hold X, the Dragoon swipes at me... and what?

19. Dr. Ed

Dr. Ed

if you're talking about the falling part, then you hold x to drop faster and catch up. then homing attack to hit him. depending on how many times you've hit him before, you might go back to the regular section for your final hit/s. you need to just be careful when you make your final descent so he's not swiping. if you let go of x you will slow your descent.

20. When you get really close to him the usual green homing attack marker should show up, press A and punch him with your HEAD