don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Pyrii

Pyrii

....... nevermind... Member
    South UK
    Sonic Generations Reverse Engineering
    Also, since when has sales been a good indication of whether a game is actually good. It shows better faith in a product, but not really quality. I tend to view sales charts as a leaderboard of who got duped or not :3

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So by your standing, people who bought this game got duped?...

3. Pyrii

Pyrii

....... nevermind... Member
    South UK
    Sonic Generations Reverse Engineering
    No, just the ones who buy bad games XD I say it would be nice to sit sales charts next to review scores but I don't trust any reviewers to not be in publisher pockets or be afraid of sanctions.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-

O.o This guy is fast!

I can't wait to get a new pac to play this :D

5. Penguin

Penguin

So, does no one still have the 2-second chunks of the Hub melodies?

6. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    So my experience so far with this game: Nothing.

I can't believe how stupid I am, I looked at the system requirements on Steam, and looked at my PC specs. They weren't quite good enough, but, being an idiot, I figured they were close enough.

So here I am now, I own the game, but I can't play it. And I can't afford to buy a console, let alone improve my PC. So I'm totally missing out on all this.

I pretty much hate myself.

7. gold lightning

gold lightning

And this is why I really need them to release a pc demo.
    My brother's computer should be able to play it, but it would be borderline minimum requirements if it can. I'd also like to know how well it would run under those circumstances. I'm planning on getting a new pc soon but this is the only thing making it where I won't buy the game right now.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Minimum requirements basicly means the game will run decently at 720p. Got a Geforce GT540M, which seems to be barely above the minimum and I'm getting 40-60fps at 720p.

9. I've restarted Sky Sanctuary Zone (Classic) that many times just so I could get that final damn Red Ring on the third path, it got to the point where I can now do most of the act in a Speed Run style, something I wasn't really aiming for. :P

10. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
  11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Planet Kingdom

...though I'm not opposed to your idea.

12. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    I've generally stayed out of Sonic Generations threads for a while - but DAMN...I bought Generations for PC on Steam a few days ago and holy shit! Dare I say it? Ok, I'll say it: This is the best Sonic game I've ever played. I absolutely love it, I'm 100% happy with it.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Well Sonic Team, my hat's off to you:

You need exactly ONE Homing Attack at the end of phase 2 to defeat Perfect Chaos, you don't even need to use the boost.

14. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    One thing that winds me up about this game is that 90% of the jumps are just barely reachable...

15. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    I suppose you mean with classic Sonic. Yeah, I had to get used to that, too. It gets better when you adjust to do running jumps, they have a noticeably better reach.

16. With Classic or Modern Sonic?

17. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Both, if there's a platform you need to jump up to to continue through the zone, it's always just under the maximum jump limit or jump distance and is a pain to reach.

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I've gotten a lot used to it now. Classic Sonic is worse than Modern Sonic with it. But yeah, the level layouts are more about trying to reach higher platforms without slowing down rather than the Classic games where you're gotta try not to fall down to the slower path.

Not that I mind it... the level layouts are the best in this game alongside S3&K's. Besides, I find this game a lot more fun to time attack than the Classic games.

Also, for those of you with the console versions who don't have the pinball stage, try going to your GameStop/EBGames and ask if they have any extra. I did that and got mine (even though I preordered, when I picked it up I forgot to ask about the pinball stage... but when I asked later he gave it to me no problems).

19. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    the jumping in this game is definitely retarded, nowhere near as much control as there should be.

Also, the balloon climb challenge in rooftop run is some serious bullshit.

20. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I quite liked that challenge, it reminded me of Klonoa or something.