don't click here

Unused PS2 Case Cover for Sonic Heroes

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OKei, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think so, it looks like a quick pitch that came along with many other possibilities.

Interestingly enough, the guy who posted it said that this one was the best from the bunch he got. Yikes.

2. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    ^ Then I'd love to see what else he got that's lesser than the first cover I posted.

3. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    [​IMG]

This is never a good idea.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    He has posted two more in the topic at assemblergames.

Edit: and he found another one too.

I don't mind the watermarking, I just think it's nice of him to share these.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I find it funny how the third one in the topic has no representation of the characters themselves aside from Sonic's foot.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I hate that shitty smerk he has there, it was bearable in sonic adventure 1 but the heroes version is like "fuck you"

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Whats with the mountain theme each one has?

8. hwd45

hwd45

"Help! HELP! We're trapped inside Sonic's eye!"
    I suppose that'd be the only thing that they would actually say. Before long, someone would stab Sonic's eye and let them out...
    Wow. That really was a terrible idea for a cover. It's not like it would have actually been in the full game anyway, it's a very early piece of artwork. We might as well be thanking that Dr. Robotnik doesn't wear pyjamas all the time. Or Sonic isn't called Mr. Needlemouse, especially because 'Needlemouse Generations' sounds horrible... or does it?

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Probably to do with either Rail Canyon or the opening cutscene.

10. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    Naw, probably not. Whoever the creative services people had drawing/modeling the cover -- probably outside of Sega, such as the CG crew -- probably use a basic template when mocking out game covers.

As for the ESRB, it's probably just what they have on their template. Usually we put 'RP' when we do stuff like this, but not everyone's the same.

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    the best Heroes box art is still the EU boxart.

[​IMG]

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    What you can't see there actually is the holographic wording on the logo, which is the best part of it =P

13. I got kinda bored and made this in about 10 minutes based on that sketch. It's just as horrible as I imagined.

[​IMG]

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Looks a bit better than the sketch would imply, but still pretty awful all things considered.

15. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I just showed this picture to my seven-year-old brother, without any prompting of any sort, and asked what he thought. He thought it looked stupid and complained that Sonic's eyes don't match since only one of them has a reflection.

16. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

I clearly remember seeing that box art as well, you're not alone.