don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Whoever invented 30 second trial needs a god damn award.

This shit is addicting.

If only we could race simultaneously.

2. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    No, the Perfect Chaos fight was the only part of the game which made me want to throw the controller out of the window. Especially at the very end, when you jump onto the last platform, the spring kept firing me up into a piece of scenery instead of above his head, only for me to plummet into the water. Happened over and over again. Need to S Rank the stage but can't face loading that level again.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Never had any problems with the Chaos fight. Best boss in the game.

4. corneliab

corneliab

On the subject of boss fights, Egg Dragoon with Death Egg music? So good.

Also, I might as well post repost this in here since this thread is more frequented:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN48PtFMQuA

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Is that OST from the CE worth ripping? or is it just another "best of" type of album?

6. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    It sucks. Badly. It's just a collection of tracks which we've all heard before. None of them are outstanding but I'll rip it if someone really wants me to.

Part one of the documentary is on its way to YouTube now.

7. Just finished the game.... The fan service was awesome, but I wish we got more classic Sonic levels and classic sonic level design for more modern levels.

The Metal Sonic fight was to me the best part of the game (Hard Mode + Sonic BOOM track = EPIC), I really did enjoy the ideas tossed around the Perfect Chaos battle but not being able to use Super Sonic just felt wrong. SonicTeam and Sega need to release another Generations with more of the same goodness.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Eh...We would still need a scan of the disc and a track list for the wiki regardless.

EDIT: Also when was Tropical Resort from Colors confirmed for Generations 3DS?

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    For you guys talking about uploading the documentary, c'mon! Step it up and read EVERY PAGE OF THE WHOLE THREAD, like I have! :P

Seriously though, it's right here:

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  11. ancara

ancara

Before I head to sleep, a little something I derped up using youtube doubler:

http://youtubedoubler.com/2f24

I thought it fit it pretty well, to be honest. :v:

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Hmm...Well the 3DS article on the wiki needs to be updated to add Windmill Isle from Unleashed.

13. Playing Modern Seaside Hill with Palmtree Panic's music is nothing short of perfect.
    Loving virtually everything about this game, it's just way too much fun and it just oozes class.

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'd very much appreciate that. Preferably in 320, please.

15. Zingela

Zingela

IL
    I've been playing Rooftop Run with Palmtree Panic music. Try it sometime, the "Woo" at the beginning syncs up with Sonic's takeoff and is just a fitting song for the level altogether.
    I'm glad to have another Sonic game that I actually enjoy enough to try to speed through—I am currently 6th on the XBLive leaderboards for Chemical Plant Act 2. Feel free to add me to your friends lists, gamertag is the same as my username.

16. Yuzu

Yuzu

You are officially my new best friend for liking Northern Kings.

<3

17. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    I took two more closer shots of its front and back.

Front
    Back

I got the 360 CE version and I pre-ordered it from http://www.game.com.au/

And as I mentioned earlier, not only did I get the tin case, I also got another Sonic Hat like the one that came with Sonic Colours:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38239832/Pictures/Sonic%20Generations/WP_000055.jpg

Also, just finished the game (I need to through this thread again too ^^; ) and..
    Classic Robotnik has got to be the best bit about this game. Seriously, the conversations between him and modern Eggman are gold! XD

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It looks like that may have been an Australia only deal. Too bad, that's a really nice steel book.

19. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I got a question about the demo of G. Somebody told me that there is a competition where you have to beat demo GHZ under 1 min 50 sec and you can win some statue from SEGA. Anybody knows what is this about and where can I read about it more?

20. Pyrii

Pyrii

....... nevermind... Member
    South UK
    Sonic Generations Reverse Engineering
    There's a Trophy/Achievement for beating GHZ in under a minute. At least on the steam version: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/SonicGenerations/achievements