don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Fair enough I guess.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Those with the Optimus issue on PC, apparently someone has found a workaround: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2223176
    Follow the instructions in the first post. Then, instead of selecting select the Intel GPU as the game won't boot when selecting the Nvidia GPU. Force the Nvidia card on the game with the control panel and it will boot because the config now recognizes both GPUs instead of just the Intel GPU. (at least according to this post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26282040&postcount=8)

I haven't tried this out for myself yet (reinstalling the game at the moment), so I can't guarantee this will work.

3. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Took me about an hour of trying but I finally did it. Yeah! :D

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

So did anyone else spot how they even managed to get Shadow's eyes to move like they used to in Sonic Adventure 2, all jittery and thoughtful? I've said it so many times, but I am having so much fun with this game. This is the best Sonic in a long time, and despite what people think, there have been some fantastic Sonic games in the last ten years. As good as and if not better than Colours, and I'm getting that 'wow' factor I got when I first played Sonic Heroes (my first 3D Sonic game, and thus, seeing it all in 3D was beautiful, and it played really well).

I'm actually taking my time with this game, not rushing it, as I actually feel that it lengthens the experience and leaves me feeling more fulfilled.

Lastly, walking up to those cogs and hearing the 'E.G.G.M.A.N' is just so fucking cool :specialed: It makes him seem like such a badass. He could actually take my life, that's what it feels like- he's not some pussy Dr pissing about.

5. MastaSys

MastaSys

I find it funny that the Dr. animations fit more the English script than the Japanese considering that he just says
    Suprised?
    Or something like that.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Can someone help me with the Red Star Rings in Planet Wisp Act 2? I just need one more but I can't find it anywhere. ;_;

7. Ring 1 - Make your way through this gorgeous environment and try to stick to the top route. You'll get tossed in a cannon and shot somewhere. Follow the path and you'll come across 3 bees and a worker bot. Pretty tight home attacking and you should get on top. Now make your way through and you should spot a Red Ring beneath you on a tree top. Jump down to get it.

Ring 2 - Making your way through the factory, you'll come to a point where there are missiles flying all over the place as you ascend floating platforms. This one is tricky. When you get to the top watch the pink platforms, wait for the missiles to piss off and jump up to grab the rocket wisp. Use it to ascend to the top. Now once here, make your way up to the green lifts and you'll notice a pink one off to your right. Jump on it and time your jump up to this Red Ring. If you fail, this platform will come back.

Ring 3 - Okay, staying top bound, you'll have to quickly assess the pink platforms in front of you as you make your way across carefully but swiftly to the checkpoint and spring ahead! Now, stay on this top piece here. There's no rush, just take your time. At the end of the trail is a Red ring and a zipline.

Ring 4 - This one is during the whole Mine cart place. What you want to do is stick to the top path possible. You know you're doing it right if you see some orange hoops and some fire surrounding them to get a good shot. Jump thorugh them and you'll land on a piece of equipment launching out mine carts. Keep your timing and watch it for a bit. WHen you're ready jump ona mine cart and follow it to the end of the trail, you'll keep foloowing a path and fighting some worms, careful NOT to fall off! Eventually you'l find a rocket wisp to alunch you into the air and break open the ceiling. Keep following this path up and you'll find this up a pully guarded by a missile launcher.

Ring 5 - This is kind of weird, but after just Rocket Frenzing my way up to the Goal Ring, I apparently got this one. I'm going to say simply get the Rocket Wisp and keep going up the line of rings with 3 or 4 of them Rocket boosts. I'm not sure where I got this one, it just sort of appeared! And got an achievement too.

Check which one you're missing.

8. Penguin

Penguin

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PenguinEmp/screenshot/612715648951517203?tab=public

Aw man how do I fix that!

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
  10. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    How's the framerate on the PS3 version? I would prefer to play it on a console due to trophies/achievements and to own a disc that I'll definitely be able to play in future, but I'm worried it'll run crap compared to the PC version.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    It runs like crap compared to the PC version.

12. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

I know it wasn't for me, but thanks for those red ring tips, Goryuck. Seems like I'm missing the fifth one, but it's too bad you're not certain as to where it actually is.

One question: Does S-Ranking every Challenge act do anything? I was killing myself trying to S-Rank all the Challenge acts for the S-Rank Achievement, but realized I had a B and A on Planet Wisp Act 1 and 2 respectively (don't ask, ok?I know that's awful. I only played them once and just wanted to get them over with). Needless to say I played through both once more and got the Achievement, so yeah, found out Challenge Acts don't count towards that one.

13. Penguin

Penguin

Also, which Challenge unlocks the Speed Shoes skill?

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    About Planet Wisp Act 2's 5th Ring:

It's not in that final section. I can't accurately describe the exact point it is, but along one of the upper mine cart routes, you'll see a random string of three lines of rings. If you use the Rocket Wisp while under the middle line, you'll get the Red Star Ring. I don't believe the section deliberately gives you a Rocket Wisp for that, so you'll need to make sure you save one and take it with you for it.

I could get a video at some point if no one beats/has already beat me to it.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Getting all S ranks on missions are just for bragging rights.

It gets you nothing.

16. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

Oh, good, then fuck the effort. I have most of them S already anyway but at least now I won't have to bother to get the last few at S.

What about boss/rival battles in hard mode? I mean, do beating them in hard mode/S-Ranking them in hard mode get you anything? Or are they also for bragging rights aka nothing

17. Spazzo

Spazzo

Ontario, Canada
    http://spaddlewit.com
    Has anyone in Canada been able to get online play working at all on the Steam version? I'm just trying to rule out whether or not this is a region-based issue, since I already know that this game seemingly can't tell Americans from Europeans...and for the record, selecting either option under "online play" will crash the game outright for me, every time. Kinda frustrating considering that it looks to be hella fun. :(

18. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    So I just got to the Egg Dragoon.

WHAT THE FUCK

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You don't have to get S ranks but beating all bosses on Hard Mode will get you avatar awards on 360. But S ranking bosses will change their names to gold.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Speaking of that time I posted earlier, here's the guy's video of it. I should probably post that in the other thread, though.

You're not missing much. It's not multiplayer, it's just you doing a time attack and then uploading your score to a leaderboard.