don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Apparently a Sonic game with a minimum of story is a bad thing. It's not like this stuff didn't happen, say, 20 years ago.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Wow...just wow. Probably one of the best sonic games released since his move to 3d. If Sonic Team is smart, they'll keep classic sonic around! All around win! Wow....just wow, I expected failure and disappointment and I ended up having hours of fun.

This also now means sonic's first time turning into super sonic was in generations, not in sonic 2 :specialed:

3. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    Anyone else noticing how nerfed Super Sonics are? Modern still takes damage and loses rings when boosting so fast it's scary, and the classic levels don't have enough rings to support super's glorious onion ring digestion

Having so much fun with it so far though. Modern controls like a dream, and classic is throwing some challenges my way.

4. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    currently I all I want to know, How do I unlock the Music for Stardust Speedway Bad Future US? I already S-Ranked both Metal Battles, and I'm trying to avoid doing too many missions yet, but I want that track for Speed Highway :E

Loving every ounce of this game. Rooftop Run Classic is my favorite stage so far (havn't done Planet Wisp as of this post)

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7538/imag0045aw.jpg

Just what else is this game hiding? and what is this password its asking for?

EDIT: Why can't image resize work while in spoiler tags?

6. corneliab

corneliab

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe you get it from a bell from one of Classic City Escape's missions.

7. I think I already have that song, I want to say it's one of the challenges for Chemical Plant or Sky Sanctuary.

8. Sun

Sun

Anyone got a full list of skills?

And where do I get that one Peel Out skill(if there is even one). Or whatever that peel out icon is supposed to be.

9. Chibs

Chibs

the worst human on the fuckin' planet Member
    Christ, even Hez likes it, my worldview is shattered :psyduck:

10. Finally got to play this game
    Maybe I'm late with this, (and I don't really think this counts as spoilers) I always wanted to test out if you can go on those other routes in the beginning of Modern Chemical plant, I was so suprised that I don't just jump through it and wasn't just decoration, it's actually two secret paths, the left one being a huge ass short cut. So much love from you Sega =)

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Widescreen Sonic CD remake using the top fan-made engine? A 3D Sonic game that gets rave reviews? Events and unique promotions out the ass? Damn. SEGA is dead fucking serious in their belief that Sonic's back in style. People at school aren't annoying me about being a Sonic fan anymore! :v:

12. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    Anyone have that video with all the idle animations for Classic and what games they're from/based off of? I want to show a friend.

13. Tylinos

Tylinos

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Gah, this last red ring for Sky Sanctuary is KILLING me! Anyone have any idea how to get it? It's...

At the very end of the level, there are three paths, each with one red ring. The one I'm having trouble with is the one closest to the collapsing tower.

15. Tylinos

Tylinos

Remember where you got to the second Red Ring from? Well, keep going along the upper path there. You should come across one of those large spinning disc platforms, with a bunch of springs and spikeballs on it. Use the springs to get up to another spring floating above the platform. After this, just keep going along and don't fall down to a lower path and you'll reach it. If you fall, die on purpose, since the path has a few checkpoints on it so you don't have to completely restart the level.

At least, I think that's the one, since that's the hardest of the three.

16. This is the most self-aware Sonic game ever.

Shadow gives the fourth Chaos Emerald.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ready for the biggest boner kill of the century?

The peelout icon actually is just a cute way for them to interpret the infinity symbol. If you buy it it enables you to have infinite continues in Sonic 1... yep

But good god, after hours of this game I must say it's fucking awesome.

I can make skill sets to use Sonic 3 shileds and insta shield. But good god is Super Sonic nerfed. Drains 2 rings a second as classic and a metric fuck ton as modern. and WTF is that statue room?

But this game, after beating pretty much all of it this game successfully has replaced Sonic 2 as my second favorite game... nothing can touch Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Prove me wrong Sonic Team, prove me wrong. You're getting there though).

18. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah, I can get up there. I eventually come to a rotating platform with a chunk missing, filled with clouds. You can fall to the lower path there, or you can bounce on the clouds/spindash to a higher path... which almost immediately drops me back down to the vertical vines and the lower path. :/

19. Tylinos

Tylinos

You have to go along the way the clouds take you to. Using the Lightning Shield helped. I think the ring is still a ways away from there, though. I don't remember, but that way might go downwards for a bit, but it's the right way.

20. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    just want to say Egg Dragoon is such a bitch to beat :E

Planet Wisp is the only level I did not feel enjoyable, I just felt off