don't click here

Sonic Dimensions for Wii U

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheGrandChawhee, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    They said they were changing that but, I believe it only allows for 2 at this time. Rest of the players would have to use classic controllers or wii remote+nunchuk.

2. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    *Imagines SEGA deciding whether or not its new ideas will be done based on how much Kogen hates them*

>_>

3. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Sonic Mass Attack, eh? :V
    I guess I could see it happening, but... Eh.

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

This is incredibly retarded and far too detailed to be real.

Watch it be real now :(

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The sheer lunacy of it all is what makes me think it is true, although the partnering with Nintendo does sound ridiculous.

In any case, watch it actually be the best damn console (non-handheld) Sonic game since 2004.

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    If it, and the Nintendo partnership, turn out to be real...You know SEGA and Sonic Team are dead fucking serious now.

7. Sounds like The Legend of Zelda: Four Sonics (in concept, not necessarily number).

I can't decide if I want this to be real or not.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Also am I the only one who thought of Sonic Classic 2? :psyduck:

9. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    On one hand, sounds pretty cool...though sort of like an extension of that robot sub-game from colours

The annoying thing is knowing considering the Wii U is very likely to be pushed back and so on, we gotta wait till maybe E3 or later to hear anything, still - part of me hopes it's true, but also wonders why Nintendo can help on a Sonic game, but they can't make Mario and Sonic Dimensions? : (

10. I hope it's false, seeing as how unappealing the Wii U is to me, and I really don't want to miss out just because I don't have their console. Between the Wii U and the 3DS Nintendo's future is looking pretty grim.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    False or not, you know Sonic's going to have some representation on that console.

12. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Eh....this sounds like a storybook game to me. Sonic games on nintendo consoles always have been as of late.

I thought it was near confirmed that Sega was already working on the next storybook game a while back, or rumored anyway.

I wonder which storybook it might be though..

13. Yeah but there's no reason to make them exclusive anymore unless that stupid tablet is integral to gameplay. Either that or they keep the exclusives to crossovers like the Olympics series and Super Smash Brothers. There's no reason for main series Sonic games not to be multiplatform. The Wii exclusives made sense because Sonic games sold best on Nintendo platforms and development costs were lower. With the Wii U, the development costs would be the same as or more than multiplatform, and the Wii U may not sell nearly as well as Nintendo hopes.

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Echoing the "not sure if want" crowd here. Could be interesting if it's real, though.

[​IMG]

15. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    >"Sonic Dimensions"

Suddenly reminded of a horrible "game" built off of the BlitzSonic engine.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Ugh... If Nintendo is working on this, it will be exclusive to Wii U. I do not want to have to buy a fucking Wii U because of goddamn exclusives. I really wish console gaming would just die so I could use the money to improve my gaming rig in the future when it's necessary and possibly buy more games. Not to mention PC games are generally much cheaper. Fucking hate consoles. Their games are overpriced (especially fucking Nintendo games which will charge $40-50 3+ years after a major title releases), hardware limitations suck, the online service for every console is nowhere near as good as Steam, far less controller options and customability, forced control gimmicks, and systems cost a lot of goddamn money unless you wait a bunch of years.

Dammit. I wanted to make a Sonic Recolors name joke. >_>

17. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This sounds fucking daft. Being sucked into a book is daft too, but this is just awful. Seriously hope this isn't true.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Team must have really liked Splosion Man:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhk-UXQAnjE

19. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    [​IMG]

20. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Yo dawg, I've heard u like Sonic, so I put more Sonics in your Sonic game, so u can play Sonic while u play Sonic. :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.