don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I wish they added Sky Deck, I love and hated that stage.=/ In fact, there are a lot of stages I wish made the cut, but then the game would get clutter. Pyrmaid Cave being another. I loved Keys to The Ruins.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    (NOTE: The following is a complete JOKE. PLEASE do NOT give me shit for complaining or anything, at least in this topic, without that in mind. Thanks.)

A tech member saying exactly what I said but in different words. I suspect no-one will say he's complaining about nothing, yes? :specialed:

AGAIN, THAT WAS A JOKE. JUST KIDDING. NO MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS PLEASE. THANKS.

*cough* ahem.... ANYWAY....

Seconded; Sonic Generations left out a lot of stages I'd love to see but I'm happy with the end results, and I think they're doing an excellent job trying to cram anything into everything, weather it be music (City Escape <3) or other levels (Seaside Hill anyone?), they've done a good job diversifying the levels enough to make each one look (and SOUND!) extremely fun. As previously stated, I can't wait for the game's release. This will most likely be the game I replay to hell and back. So many alternate paths... So much things to find and places to explore that haven't been shown yet. I love you SEGA (for now).

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I think they're just gonna wait it out until the reviews. I bet five bucks that Classic Sonic is gonna be praised more by critics.

Who knows? Gametrailers might give this game a score higher than average!

4. I love the modern gameplay, but the classic gameplay REALLY IS where it's at. If SEGA made a game centered on that I'd be really happy, and I'm a modern fanboy.

5. MastaSys

MastaSys

If they find the controls this time....
    ...Oh wait Generations also have wisps, no, they will bitch again because they can't even read the hints how to use them....
    That or they will fake the bad controls just to bitch.

6. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    [​IMG]

Did nobody notice these posters on the walls?

7. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    We noticed them about half a god damn year ago

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

We noticed them back when the stage was revealed at E3. There's 'Ray & Mighty' marked as missing, and 'Bean & Bark' and Nack marked as wanted. Lots of the posters in City Escape came about as suggestions that AAUK gave to Sonic Team while he was still with SEGA.

9. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Get it? A sonic screwdriver? Member
    Timey-Wimey detector.
    I see.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Classic Sonic will stick around, SEGA would be really dumb to get rid of what's selling Generations in the first place.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I'm pretty sure if nothing else, Green Hill and City Escape have been bleed dry of any new information by now lol

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Okay, so a bit random and pretty late, but I have a question to ask...

With the exception of the gimped curling (Which is apparently fixable), what exactly is wrong with the physics in this game? I played both levels to death and eventually found myself just screwing around in Act 1 of GHZ, spin-dashingand using the physics and momentum to do cool jumps and get to places I couldn't before. It basically felt like the same things you could do in the Genesis games, except that some slopes had scripting and that the loops require more momentum. So what's the deal? I mean, spinning while running sucks, but other than that, does anyone else feel that the physics are near spot-on?

13. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Someone brought this up on GAF, probably been posted already but whatever:

[​IMG]

Eeehhhhh. Give him a fatter belly and I'll like it.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That's really about it, for me. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only thing keeping it from being near-perfect. I'm sure some of the guys around here could point out a thousand other differences between this and the classics, but it Classic just feels good to play as in every department except rolling.

It's not even that, but sometimes I feel like I have to wrestle with the controls to even roll in the first place. It seems, at times, that when I press down to roll (in a non-scripted area, mind), that nothing happens. Really though, aside from that I love it.

15. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    His eyes are green though, is it even meant to be Classic Sonic?

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    It looks like an attempted fusion of them both.

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't understand why the rolling garners such anger though. I mean, it's a shame that they messed up that ONE thing keeping it from being absolutely perfect, but I've seen people on other boards go as far as to say that nothing about how Classic Sonic plays is even relatively like the Genesis games, which is just plain incorrect.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The scripting pisses me off more then the rolling and even that doesn't bother me that much. It's not a huge problem IMO granted that the only time I really rolled in the old games was when spin dashing. Otherwise I was just running.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No, it's not meant to be Classic Sonic. It's a Nenoroid, basically a chibi-style figure. It's Modern Sonic stylised. Nothing else.

The rolling bothers me for two reasons- 1, there's no reason for it to be so botched, especially after S4 did the same thing. And 2, there's from what I've seen there's a fair few places where it'd be really awesome to roll, but because it's botched there's no point. But yeah, it's not a big issue in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that 'angers' me is the amount of scripting. Every ramp? Every spring? Eesh. It's so jarring, and really ruins the flow of things.

20. Vandelay

Vandelay

Say Vandelay!
    To me Classic Sonic isn't just a character model. He represents a good 2d Sonic. Sonic Team seems to think that Modern Sonic means he needs the homing attack and shit physics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.