don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    If the Spin-Out really is a skill in Generations (which, judging by that image found in the demo, it most definitely is), I see no reason why the Insta-Shield can't be a skill either.

Here's hoping.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    -Knuckles.

[​IMG]

Blue: Weeaboos rejoice, even though we knew about this info already :P
    Red: FINALLY! No more FORCED SUBTITLES!!! (I don't remember other Sonic games providing this, correct me if I'm wrong).

also, I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data I'm not looking at that Time Eater data....

Also, looks like the Chaos Emeralds have been made into the game at last, and judging by the textures alone they look quite nice. disk\bb.cpk_unpacked\SonicActionCommon.ar.00.unpack\chr_obj_emerald_*0%_ref.tga, where * = B, BG, G, P, R, W, Y, and where % = 1 or 2. I presume this means the emeralds get a double reflection; one is a sphere map and the other is... a double sphere map? It's really two ovals o_o Oh well, shiny. (Also, their normal, diffuse, and specular/diffuse (unsure which) maps are also in that folder, though most of them, save for a few for White or something, are the same for all of them.)

And Super Sonic's data seems to be finalized. The Super Sonic Boost has textures now, along with his spin jump. Curiously, they're in the same folder. Maybe the Emerald textures found are the ones that surround Sonic when he goes Super. :P

Seconded completely. Needs moar white flash.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Weeabos rejoice?

Sonic games have always had the japanese voice over except for Heroes and '06 if I recall correctly. Nener played Colors.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Could just be what language they're in, not an option to turn them off....

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    So I played the new demo, and I'm very surprised to find that the Modern Sonic act was actually kind of entertaining. After Colours bored me and gave me a headache at the same time, I was just about ready to write this half of the game off, but this is a lot nicer than that. Modern Sonic's acceleration still bugs me, and the design of the 3D segments still looks very linear, but something about it really clicks this time around.

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness

Way to crush my dreams ;-;

Also, I don't think Colors had the Japanese voices.

Also, as Orbot would say, way to pay attention pal! Metal Sonic's reflections are of Stardust Speedway. Subtle and possibly unnoticable, but he has those reflections. Two of them, actually; one looks like it's burrier, probably for a glossy look. Too bad Metal's going to get trashed anyway, hence "Scrap Metal."

Apparently the floating Omochao is a series of still images, not an actual model. Interesting. Considering Classic and Modern Sonic both have a super short animation, I don't see why they couldn't have gone with pre-rendered images for THEM as well, so Modern will look less awkward and Classic will... Well not much weird with Classic in that picture, oddly.

One last thing... Some Unleashed assets are STILL here, such as the werehog icon. I can garentee someone's going to bitch about that, most likely mariotehplumber.

7. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I'm pretty certain that it did. I remember choosing it at least once months ago.

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh fuck yes.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Alright, here we go. Keep in mind, these are for the voice overs, as you can switch the text to multiple languages in seemingly every game from '98 onward.

Sonic Adventure (DC, as well as Director's Cut ports): English and Japanese voices.
    Sonic Shuffle: I'm pretty certain you can switch to Japanese voices, but I'd happily admit defeat if I'm wrong.
    Sonic Adventure 2 (DC and Battle): English and Japanese.
    Sonic Heroes (GCN): English voices.
    Sonic Heroes (PS2 and XBOX (and PC?)): English and Japanese voices.
    Shadow the Hedgehog (GCN, XBOX, PS2): English. You could change the voices on the XBOX version by changing the console language to Japanese. Because of this, I'm personally led to believe the JP voices are probably on the other versions' discs somewhere, just not accessible via the options menu. However, I'm not a hacker, and have not explored the contents of said discs.
    Sonic Riders (GCN): English voices.
    Sonic Riders (PS2 and XBOX (and presumeably PC)): I'm pretty sure these two/three have a Japanese voice option.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (PS3 and XBOX360): See Shadow the Hedgehog.

And everything onward lets you choose in the options menu, from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, to Sonic Colors (Wii).

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    PC version of Sonic Heroes did not have Japanese voices. Pity, too; doesn't seem like it'd be THAT hard to mod them back in.

11. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Shadow the Hedgehog, atleast in the US, had Japanese audio selectable on the PS2 version. Sonic Riders does have the audio data in the game, but is missing the option (for the PS2 and Xbox versions). PS2 can select via BIOS, but only on a Japanese console. Xbox can choose it regardless.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Rock and roll then. I've owned Shadow on both Gamecube and XBOX, but I never touched the PS2 version. I figured it was the same as the XBOX version.

EDIT: WAIT, I don't think you can choose JP voices in Unleashed Wii.

13. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    Indeed, I actually did that once. Got a rip of the Japanese sound and movie files from the Xbox version, copied them to my Sonic Heroes PC installation and wrote a simple batch script that toggles between Japanese and English by renaming the appropriate files.

Nice listing, Sonic Warrior TJ. I can confirm that Sonic Riders PC has both Japanese and English audio, selectable in the launcher.

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Generations is now listed for pre-order on Steam for $29.99. Pre-ordering gets you Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Oddly, the US store is listing its release date as Nov. 4. You can also see achievement icon previews at random on the right side.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71340/

15. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Thank you Valve, for not offering this in Germany. :) (<- Ordinary "smiley face to hide my rage"-face)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

EDIT: K, now it works. Infact, many games that didn't work 2 minutes ago suddenly do. Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with my region, luckily.

16. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    "Genre: Strategy, Casual"

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No one cares about Unleashed Wii though.

18. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Hahaha, yeah, the demo sure didn't feel like a casual strategy game, but maybe there's something Sega's not telling us. :P

Also, for my fellow PC Gaming Master Race brethren, Green Man Gaming still has a better price, though minus the two Genesis games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/sonic-generations/

19. I'm a steam junkie and I know that Green Man Gaming only has a few games that are redeemable via steam. Can anyone confirm that Generations from GMG is redeemable via steam?

20. setz

setz

Oldbie
    hey guys I bought this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.