don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    So when do you think the XBOX Live store will unleash this bad boy?? Is it worth being a bit of a night owl?

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    3AM PST.

I'm gonna stay up like I did with the first demo.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sweet deal, I'll be playing the demo after classes tomorrow.

4. Linneus

Linneus

Empire City
    I think I might actually draw some fanart, with a little World Domination on the side *COUGH* DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD
    Damn, & I have a date on the day the demo releases... GIRLFRIEND... OR SONIC...?
    ...Oh, wait, I have a PS3! The demo's coming late anyway!

Any other news? If not, this may be our last big thing before release, unless they decide to pull a Colors and show off an in-game cutscene, which they probably won't as people have pointed out.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I shall be playing this upon me waking up. Fucckk yaaa boy

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So I was told on Stadium at the EU PSN updates around 4 PM UK time, is this correct? If so, it should be available only a few hours I get up. Rad. (In Eastern U.S. time that is, made a EU account to download the demo).

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ...Modern Sonic Twosday?! :v:

Just throwing out ideas.

8. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    Oh, hey a demo... and I have school tomorrow... and bowling practice right after that... and maybe the goddamn Batman.

Uh, we have a problem here Sonic.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Morning. Like, wake up early. Granted I was going to wake up early anyways, but now its a guarantee

10. JP Demo coming on the 20th. Seems the earliest PSN users will be able to get their hands into the demo is the 19th (Europe), which means there at least another 30 hours to go...
    This is just torture.

UPDATE:
    Sega is confirming that this demo is an updated version, so we'll be Green Hilling more polishedly. Yeah, just read that.

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Not so, San.ake. The demo is going up on Live AND EU PSN tomorrow.

12. Sorry, my mistake. I'm juggling three clocks in my head right now...
    BTW, just made a EU account, which, combined with the US account I made in June when the JP PS Store was out sums up three PSN accounts I have.

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Dunno if anyone's noticed, but the tracklist for the "History of the First Stage" Soundtracks reported earlier are on the Japanese Sonic Generations site. http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicGenerations/ Click the button below the two Sonics.

White Edition:
    1. SEGA Call
    2. Angel Island
    3. Splash Hill
    4. Palmtree Panic
    5. Green Grove
    6. Resort Island
    7. Emerald Coast
    8. City Escape
    9. Westopolis
    10. Forest Falls
    11. Wave Ocean
    12. Windmill Isle - Day

Blue Edition:
    1. Sega Call
    2. Mushroom Hill
    3. Toxic Caves
    4. Botanic Base
    5. South Island
    6. Seaside Hill
    7. Leaf Storm
    8. Plant Kingdom
    9. Metal City
    10. Sand Oasis
    11. Camelot Castle
    12. Tropical Resort

Nothing from Sonic 1 or 2 on there, which is strange, but then again I guess there's that Sonic 1 and 2 compilation album coming out soon. Also note that White edition contains a Sonic 3 track and Blue edition contains a Sonic and Knuckles track.

So is Generations itself getting a Soundtrack release for its original music or something? I figured these White and Blue albums would be for the HD and 3DS versions.

14. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

This is disappointing. Green Hill again. Oh well.

You know what'd be funny? If they actually bother deleting the unused stuff this time around, (I.e. shields, level pictures, stage list, etc.). If they did? What's the point? If they didn't? Now we can most likely see the finalized missions list and other such things. See if the shield bugs are fixed, etc. etc.

15. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm happy it's Green Hill, I don't want to play any of the later stages in the game or see more than I've already seen. I'd like to get a feel for the controls of the game and how it plays, that's the purpose of a demo.

16. Especially since the last build they have supposedly altered the Classic Sonic physics a bit. I also want to compare how much better Generations Sonic supposedly controls than Unleashed Sonic.

17. Linneus

Linneus

Empire City
    I think I might actually draw some fanart, with a little World Domination on the side *COUGH* DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD
    Another Chaotix throwback? Sexy.

18. Oh man, I just realized something.

If this demo is rated RP, I'm not gonna be able to download it because for some reason it always tells me I'm not allowed to download content rated RP (which is retarded because I can download content rated anything else). I'll still try though. But I'd rather have a PC demo...

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I wonder if it's going to be the same demo as before, just with the modern part unlocked.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Same here. That might mean the 3DS version won't be getting an OST release, which is unfortunate.

I have that same problem. You can still que to download it from xbox.com, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.