don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member

THIS THIS THIS and more THIS.

I really want to be able to play this on OnLive so I can play it anywhere on my wimpy little netbook. Otherwise, I don't really have a chance of running the PC version (Might just get the Xbox version I guess)

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB

Well I'm screwed. :flunked:

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So I'm comparing my graphics card to one showed for best performance. (Mine = [LINK], Recommend Card = [LINK]) My card seems to excel or be the same in nearly every category except CUDA Cores, Memory Bandwidth, and the fact the recommended card uses DirectX 11 instead of 10 and OpenGL 4.1 instead of 3.0. In what aspects of the game are likely to perform worse? Thank god I have a really good gaming PC. Totally fucking buying it, thank you Sega for making a PC version even if the specs are a bit high.

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    There's really nothing anyone can tell you until it's out. We don't even know if the specs are legit.

5. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    Damn, the minimum required specs are pretty damn high. I don't even think those are the real deal (the game looks like it was optimized for the 360 before being ported elsewhere).

I'll just get it on console anyways.

6. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I'm pretty sure those specs are bonkers. Unless they have this ultra-hi-res super version (Yeah right) it's gonna have stats not much different from games like Fallout: New Vegas. The Xbox 360 didn't magically double or triple its power over the course of a year.

7. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    A fan movie that is about 10 minute

... Really?

My school laptop suits exactly on the recommended settings.....

Not to be mean .. but

8. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

All I really want to know is what version this is going to be based off of. If it will be based off of the 3DS version, I'm probably not going to get it. In the past, the lower end versions of these "Modern" Sonic games (that is, Sonic '06 PS3, Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2, and Sonic Colors DS) kind of lacked polish compared to the main versions. (Not that '06 had much polish in the first place, but at least the 360 version had slightly less glitches and more DLC.)
    In any case though, I'm sure the PC version will be nice for those who can't yet afford an HD console or 3DS.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I seriously doubt the PC version is going to to be the 3DS version.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    ...Are you serious?

The 3DS version is a 3DS exclusive. The PC version is undoubtedly the HD versions ported to the PC. The trailer and the screens for the PC version of Generations (on that greenman gaming site) are the HD versions. PCs are generally, nowadays, HD. Some moreso than consoles! So why would a low res 3Ds exclusive version of a game be ported to the PC when a much higher-end version can be ported instead? Common sense. :c

11. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Oh, really? I wasn't aware of any screens for the PC version, my bad. I thought that was just a site simply CONFIRMING the PC release.

12. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Not to mention the specs would be crazy for a 3DS game port...

13. ........What the fuck kinda school do you go to that gives out powerful computers like that?

I mean, goddamn. What, are you a straight-A student or something? That's the only explanation I can think of.

14. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    why would you get a special computer for being a straight a student that's retarded you're retarded

As for the IGN preview... Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with Sonic Generations sponsoring the site soon?

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I'll be fine, Looks like I'm getting the PC version.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Does anyone on this board even play games on PC aside from Afti, Guess_Who, and Cooljerk?

I'm starting to see why they haven't announced the PC version yet.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Despite the fact that I meet most of the specs, I don't have a PC. But the portableness would certainly be cool and if they ever release a Mac version... or I just finally get Windows back on my computer I'll certainly buy this for the PC. But PC Sonic games have always been an after thought for Sega, and this is no exception. In fact this one is impressive for the fact that it's being released almost alongside the console version. Normally it's released silently months afterwards... In this case it's just being released silently.

18. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I play Fallout: NV on PC!

...Nothing else. Maybe TF2.

I don't have a receiver for an Xbox 360 controller, and have been too lazy to upgrade it—it'd play Sonic Generations, easily, but I'd prefer high, steady FPS.

19. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I do. In fact I opt for PC versions when available. 1080p @ 60FPS is very nice.

Only problem is, I don't play much in the way of games in general... Despite buying them like mad. But, that's another issue for another topic.

20. serpx

serpx

A lot of grade schools are actually lending kids computers now. If college, I have some friends in the engineering field whom are required to purchase these $3000 laptops (they get it for a bargain of $1500).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.