don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Holy crap, you just gave me an idea. If it wasn't completely baseless, discontinuous, and highly unlikely, I'd say Perfect Chaos was going to cleanse Crisis City with his water god powers. Now how awesome would that be if it didn't fuck timelines and plots up the ass?

2. CraigRobbo

CraigRobbo

Thanks for that.

A tiny let down, but I guess that doesnt take away from the fact this looks ace...Would have been nice to have a few new levels thrown in to it though.

Still cannot wait non the less!

Craig

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This is Crysis City
    [​IMG]

This is Crisis City.
    [​IMG]

Get it right. Little pet peeve, that.

Anyway, the music is fantastic. Sounds much more Sonicy and less generic than the original version.

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Other than maybe Green Hill, it can be inferred that Crisis City has easily the most remixes of any Sonic song ever, right?
    There's what, like right or nine remixes now?

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

As far as I know they are for missions only. They won't be gotten from item boxes.

6. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I'm wondering how they're going to deal with the issue of collecting Chaos Emeralds?

I mean, I'd assume Chaos would've had the chance to get hold of the Emeralds at some stage to become Perfect Chaos - which assumes that they must've all be collected at some stage. Perhaps this could explain why he's in the Modern era. Maybe You'd need to collect all the Emeralds to be able to unlock the Perfect Chaos boss or something (or is he still in the Dreamcast Era?)?

Also, we still haven't seen how they're collected yet (and I doubt we'll see how it's done until release [or a leak])

Logically it'll either be via cut-scenes, or actual Special Stages; I doubt they'll just be 'lying around' dotted throughout the levels or anything..

7. gold lightning

gold lightning

You know, I was just thinking. What if the missions are unlocked with red rings and completing a certain number of missions will grant you a chaos emerald?

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Planet Wisp has just game me a major hard on. Not only did I drool over seeing it in classic play but the fact that you can use the Wisp powers for classic mode is exactly what I wanted Colours to be. It's a shit that this is only going to be featured in one level but at least there is a level.

9. PARASOL

PARASOL

Classic remix for Crisis City sounds like something out of Sonic CD's Bad future. That's pretty cool.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Assuming you mean the Hataya soundtrack, then it's not really a coincidence, considering Hataya's doing a good chunk of the Classic Sonic stages' themes.

11. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Well that sounded significantly less terrible than I expected. I guess they knew the music should not sound similar for anyone to like it.

And it was good that Silver was not shown, though Chaos is not made of water any more?

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    My theory for Chaos - his head is the only solid part on him. If I'm not mistaken, the rest of his body is just a big pillar of water with no real shape to it.

Think Eggman's Chaos clone enemies from Sonic Adventure 2. Their only solid part was their robotic head.

13. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    BIG fan of the Crisis City remix...though it's hard to tell if that's classic or modern we're hearing from 47 secs onward...I didn't notice the classic Sega drum machine underneath (which is apparent in the other classic remixes) though that's hardly a prerequisite. I think the synths sound fantastic whatever version this is - the melody line is more apparent here than in '06 (and frankly more melodic). Planet Wisp looks like everything you'd want in a Classic Sonic stage. There was something about the footage shown that immediately made me think of Marble Garden/Marble Zone...definitely had a retro flava flav to it.! :eng101:

I know that Genocide City as level (and name) has long been debunked as being a language issue and the team not understanding the implications of the word Genocide, but I can't help but feel like Crisis City Classic is everything we had long hypothized the mysterious Genocity City to be. With so little footage shown (and at a crappy resolution even at 720p!) it's hard to tell how much the Modern CC is going to deviate from '06 but I'm sure it's gone through the same amount of scrutiny and reimagining as the other levels.

On a separate note, where the EFF is that long awaited preview IGN promised us last week?? Unless they have playthroughs of the modern levels, they'll really have nothing more to show we haven't already seen via Gamespot UK and Gamespro...

14. serpx

serpx

Well, if this game takes place in the past, then Perfect Chaos got the Chaos Emeralds from the events of Sonic Adventure. Which means we'll probably get to play Super Sonic during that point in time because he'll also have the Chaos Emeralds.

15. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The modern era trailer is a little underwhelming. Perhaps it's because none of the levels featured particularly have any nostalgic value or emotional connection to anyone (as those from the Classic and Dreamcast era do) but all I really see is Crisis City HD (looks almost identical to the level from Sonic 2006) and the reminder that we have to play that level from Unleashed (for the love of God why didn't they choose Cool Edge). On a positive note Planet Wisp transformed into 360-level graphics does look gorgeous and it was an awesome move to include the Wisp powers. A nice touch and more justification they they're giving this game alot of heart.

The game does look as compelling as ever and we do (overall) keep hearing better and better things about it. I read some previews and they were uniformly positive and some of them gushing even. I know it would have been impossible to please everyone via the level choices but I still feel a little sad with some of the levels they excluded. I believe the most popular level in Colors for example was Asteroid Coaster (from the reviews and impressions I read) and even so it's out. The choice of level for Unleashed makes no sense whatsoever from a level balance perspective and as for Flying Battery, Ice Cap and the rest let's just not go down that road again.

On the flipside however there's some levels (like Speed Highway) that I know others are not pleased with that I am happy about so I suppose it was just impossible for Sonic Team to win here. I'm also reading some ridiculous requests and hopes for DLC (elsewhere on the Internet) that just won't happen. There's this one idea going round that Sonic Team will release level packs into eternity that makes no logical sense (they would have to develop the game again twice over to fulfill that).

In terms of DLC I'm thinking either missions for existing levels or maybe one or two new levels at the most.

16. Felik

Felik

All I'd ask is a level from Sonic 3. Any of them.

17. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

My fingers are crossed for Ice Cap Zone.

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    "You can't please everyone" is one thing, but when you saturate the game with city levels you end up pleasing absolutely no one.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Wait, what? I only counted a small handful.

1) Production Version that was on the 2006 site.
    2) Final Version, split into three parts with a new fourth part.
    3) Classic Remix
    4) Modern Remix

20. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Only thing that's somewhat bothering me is the fact that the Chaos Emeralds are actually in the game... Not that it's an issue but what if they have TWO final bosses? Kinda like what Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Or Sonic & Knuckles) did? The "Final" Boss, then the "True" Final Boss if you collected all the chaos emeralds? (Sonic Advance and Rush series did this too.)

Also, that Crisis City music doesn't even SOUND like Crisis City anymore. No that it's a bad thing, I love the remix!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.