don't click here

Pallet A or B?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Jan 22, 2005.

What pallet do you like better?

1. A [IMG]http://www.homestead.com/specialvegetadays/files/other/ice1.png[/IMG]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B[IMG]http://www.homestead.com/specialvegetadays/files/other/ice2.png[/IMG]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I voted for Pallet "A". No offense to it's creator, but the weird-ass green/orange gradient in "B" just looks flat-out sickly. I love the colors for "A", though, very Aurora Borealis* and all. It fits the apparent ice/snow theme very well, and it's quite pleasing to the eyes as well.

*CORRECTION: just Aurora. No Borealis. I always thought the Aurora Borealis was bluish purple. Shows what I know. :P
    If it helps at all in my defense, I'm red/green colorblind.

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    The aurora borealis is green, but whatever.

I voted A. We're ahead 32-6!

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I've played Quackshot quite a lot and tend to remember art from most of the games I've played. I don't know why though :lol:

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I assume this would require creating an object that loads another pallet in the level?

5. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Or you could do it by editing the dynamic screen resizing thing.

6. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Yep. BTW, for me, this is more accurrate to call it Dynamic Screen Reloading. This part of the rom isn't only about the resize of the screen for bosses.

7. Djbrayster

Djbrayster

"Do you wana chat with me?" Oldbie
    England UK.
    Classic Amy The Hedgehog
    To me both are great.. I think if you cannot get the Dynamic Screen Reloading to work you will have to decide is the zone you are creating a morning or evening zone.
    Sorry I'm not much help Rika.. then again I felt not replying to the topic rude as you have helped me in the past.

8. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    In Sonic 1, the DSR is mostly for changing the boundaries of the level, as well as loading bosses. It might be better to call it Dynamic Level Modification.

9. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    You are right Hive, this is better.

And Rika, pallet B is fine. Pallet A too, but I can't see this dark background without some little lightening stars at the top.

10. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I agree with QJimbo and SHB.

It would look pretty good with the green gradient being an afternoon sort of look, with the darker one being good for an evening. Adding a few stars, like SHB suggested, it would look fuckin' sweet!

Love how your hacks turn out Rika!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.