don't click here

Tracking down another Beta

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rika Chou, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    That would be much appreciated.

2. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Do you think you could possibly ask them for a copy of that Arcade footage? I don't necessarily need the whole episodes, just dubs of the parts containing actual Sonic 2 footage. I'd even be willing to pay a nominal fee for the dubbing and for the cost of the tape.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Hows it going Rika? Any progress? *shot for hassling*

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Nothing worth mentioning. But I recently (today) got some contact info to a certain guy at Nick Studios Florida who may be able to help me. He was recommended to me from the co-creator of nick arcade.

Hopfully, FileHacker can provide me with the Viacom contact information.

5. Djbrayster

Djbrayster

"Do you wana chat with me?" Oldbie
    England UK.
    Classic Amy The Hedgehog
    Awesome news! Wish I knew where to start with the Feel rom!

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    hmmmm

7. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
    Holy crap...it looks like we're almost there!!

Nice job, Rika! This could be huge!

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    ^_____^ GoGoGoGo Rika! As I said before, if they fish this game out for you, you'll HAVE to visit them. I doubt they'll pay to post it to you.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I could easily pay them via check, paypal, cash, ect. ect. We will worry about this if and when the time comes.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Hey, a guy from Nick studios Florida just sent me this message:

Problem is, I will be working the next several days. Would anyone be able to pretend to be a person named "Rika" or "Eli" that works for Sega? I know it's an odd request.

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    That's not a good idea!

Now when you have come this far, don't let anyone else destroy your character! I'm have screwed up many people by changing personality. So please don't!

I would rather try to get a time that worked for both of you. Tell him that this matter is very important, and that you really want to talk! Try to get a time when you both..... *dies* (I just said that didn't I?)

12. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Or tell him that he or she can call a friend and give him a friend's number. Ill be here all day tomorrow pretty much... but I don't think it's a good idea.. I'll screw it up. But wow, this is awesome.

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm going to see if we could talk via IM, radther than phone.

14. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Mr. Eli. I know that talking with strangers over the phone is hard. But they are willing to talke about the game!
    At least think about it before you say no to them.

15. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You have to understand, if I were to have him call my home, I would have to explain everything to my entire family. If I must, I will, but hopefully we can talk in an IM program.

16. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I?d have to go with LOst in suggesting you keep handling this yourself, Rika. I understand the situation you?re in, but it?d be better to carry this on yourself to the last rather than risk handing it over to someone else, who might blow it. Hope it works out that you guys can arrange to chat via IM or whatever other plans you have.

You?ve got so far, though! I?m sure it must be a lot of pressure, mind you. I know a lot of people are really hoping you manage to get this; myself included ? I?m keeping my fingers crossed for you that this works out, though I?m trying not to get my hopes up too much. Remember everyone, there?s always the possibility that this won?t work out, so try not to get too excited and pressure Rika too much. Whenever there?s new information on the situation, I?m confident Rika?ll update us.

Good luck in your endeavours, Rika!

17. ComPro

ComPro

Do you have a cellphone or would a friend let you borrow their cellphone?

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I talked with him, he gave me some contact info for someone that might be able to help me. I feel like I am going in circles.

19. ComPro

ComPro

At least you are getting information. No one has turned you down or said 'The game doesn't exist anymore. Have a nice day.'

You are still in this and you are so close...I can feel it! Keep up the good work, Rika! :(

20. Sintendo

Sintendo

Even if we don't find a Sonic 2 beta, I'm sure they also have betas of other games as well.

Good luck, Rika!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.