don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolt7

bolt7

Sounds great to me. To be honest, I never had my hopes that high for Flying Battery anyway. Then again, I never expected them to add level gimmicks such as the Angel Island bombing run in Spagonia. Seems like a good thing to do- rather than making assets and such for entirely new levels, add the level gimmicks into other stages. The Labyrinth Zone clock tower boss sounds awesome too.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    All I'm getting is a 404 error on that PS page. is the link broken or something?

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest

4. dsrb

dsrb

I don't think they could get away with not. But yeah, guy's been needing more representation for a long time; sorta a shame it took a rehash to get it, rather than a 'proper' reappearance, but it should still be pretty great if done right.

5. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    They've been taking and expanding the more memorable parts of each level, Mecha Sonic not being on Sky Sanctuary would completely contradict the design decisions they've been taking so far.

6. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if Mecha Sonic is Sky Sanctuary's chase gimmick.

7. dsrb

dsrb

What, a second chase in the same game? Wouldn't that suck? He'd better not be brandishing a wrecking ball, either.

8. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Sorry to say that all of the levels (so far) feature a chase scene. Modern Green Hill has the Giant Chopper, City Escape has both acts with The Truck, Chemical Plant has a nuclear meltdown in Modern Sonic's act, and Seaside Hill already has the Rolling Stones. It's safe to say that there will be more chase sequences. So instead of taking a stroll through Sonic's history, we run away from it. Isn't Sega's sense of humour just peachy keen?

9. dsrb

dsrb

Fair point, and analysis! I wasn't aware of a couple of those. Specifically, I was meaning in terms of the (even) closer parallel between two chases/races against a robotic replica, which would definitely be excessive.

If nothing else, have Sonic fight a Mecha Sonic that acts a lot meaner and possibly pays homage to Silver Sonic; then, subject our protagonist to a fight against Hyper Metal Sonic, but with some different attacks and patterns to those faced by Knuckles, in order to keep things interesting and emphasise Sonic's different move-set. And keep the Eggmobiles to a minimum! S4EI aped all those bosses already.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Indeed. Crisis City will likely have that tornado that's on fire and also carrying a car, Rooftop Run probably has a section like the end of the original stage from Unleashed, and as for Planet Wisp...huh. Maybe another giant Badnik? Or the quick step chase that pops up in a few PW Acts in Colors?

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Didn't think anyone ever uses that mistranslated OVA term. :v:

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Considering Mecha Sonic was a boss fight, I'm not sure he'll be in the Sky Sanctuary levels. No stage has ended with a boss, Classic or Modern, and there are no mentions of Mecha Sonic on the demo dump list. You're getting your hopes up.

13. dsrb

dsrb

Oops! Good eye, sir.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thank you :) though I do admit I was watching the OVA again awhile ago thats why I remember it...

Has there been any luck with anyone scanning the generations manga? I really am interested in that (since y'know we ain't got shit on the story yet except "lol sonic is having a party then shit happens")

I know the manga doesn't follow the game's story to the letter but at least we can get a general idea of the story.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Without Mecha Sonic, the only enemy in Sky Sanctuary are Egg Robos. If they don't sprinkle a few mini-boss fights into the zone, it's going to be pretty dull.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Not to mention they could do some cool things with the bosses. Give us 3D sonic bosses in 2D for classic sonic, and 2D bosses in 3D for modern sonic. Who wouldn't like to fight the emerald hill boss in 3D (piloted by Mecha Sonic) or the final boss from colors in 2D?

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Depends on if the yellow wisp is in. If it is, it'll almost certainly be like in the DS version where you're chased by a giant...lawnmower? Something sort of like that.

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The only way that I can see Mecha Sonic being incorporated is by being the interceptor-style chase sequence in the level. This actually makes a lot of sense, considering we have no idea what the chase sequences in Sky Sanctuary will be, but there's really no other choice there except for maybe the Death Egg itself. Unless they just want to make it a "outrun the collapsing floor"-type deal.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but then, he was a big part of both Sonic and Knuckles' stories in that game; with Sega getting so much of the small level details right, even obscure things like Mighty and Ray, as well as Endless Mine getting a nod, I think there's a bit more chance of him appearing than what we're giving it credit for. I just don't think we should expect to see him in the way we did in the original.

19. nicko

nicko

Look Alike
    University
    How about mecha sonic behaves the way the truck did in classic sonics city escape, and have him destroy the environment and paths within the level. Thus making the level harder aswell as adding a semi-boss fight as well.

20. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Eh, I guess that would work, but since the levels are going chronologically, this happening would render the Classic City Escape's truck nonsense a little redundant, unless of course Mecha Sonic acts more of an in-level boss than a path-changer(which is the focus of the City Escape truck). That would really make for something interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.