don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    Sonic CD huh? Well I guess I never actually owned/beat the game. From what I did play, I didn't really like it all that much. That was a while back though and I'm willing enough to give this game another shot.

2. For a long time I was in the "Eh, not big on Sonic CD, never played enough of it" boat, but one fateful airplane ride with it loaded on my PSP changed my feelings about it. Sonic CD is by and far one of the best Sonic games I ever played, but the big turnoff is the small loading times that break up the gameplay to do things like go back and forward in time.

If they offer the XBLA version as a game that has no time travel lag or level to level lag, I'm in.

Oh who am I kidding? I've bought every Sonic XBLA release so far, that ain't gonna stop now.

3. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I might buy this for the same reason I bought other Sonic games on XBLA (despite owning multiple versions already): Achievements. Sigh.

4. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Okay, so I'm confused.
    Are they going to actually have some sort of conference where they announce this, or is it just going to be playable at PAX without any prior introduction? I don't see anything scheduled prior to PAX on Friday, and it seems odd that they'd want to have something playable without announcing it first.

Where is this Thursday date people have thrown around coming from?

5. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Well, come on, all these hints are way too obvious and the show's only two days away. Just... wait. Whatever is on PartnerNET (by the way, someone needs to learn how that works) is not what's coming to PAX... or anywhere.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Slingerland... :ssh: Now they're going to go crazy from the wait. :v:

7. [​IMG]

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Doesn't Endri has access to PartnerNET?

9. Who would have thought that a port of Sonic CD would have me so excited for Pax?

10. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Why does it even matter? It sounds like the PartnerNet version is just a very early version or a placeholder.

11. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    I talked to Endri about the build. What he played was a very rough prototype of the game by a different developer that was ultimately scrapped in favour of a better alternative. End of story.

12. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Yay, Sonic CD. I hope both soundtracks will be included.

Plus, this is coming out in a time when Sega (of America & Europe) actually realizes that quality is relevant, to everyone.

13. Ba...backbone?

14. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I refuse to be hyped for this.

Even if it my favorite Sonic game, and one of my favorite platformers of all time.

I am going to expect a shitty Backbone port until proven otherwise, because I cannot possibly be disappointed if I expect that.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That would be hilarious.

16. And sweet, sweet justice for those clowns. I am super hyped for Pax.

I really, really love Sonic CD. It is interesting how polarizing it is... some people call it the best, and some people call it the most overrated Sonic title. I personally love its aesthetics, it's similarities and refinements to Sonic 1. It's pretty tops, and fun.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That shows how SEGA does care this time. With this and Generations they're finally celebrating Sonic's anniversary like he deserves. :)

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    All that needs to be done now is Sonic 3 and Knuckles done Generations style and all will be well XP

But hopefully this Sonic CD port is pretty cool.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If this turns up being better than the emulated crap they've been churning out as of late, and is also an improvement over regular emulation (with widescreen support, decent color blending, good sound quality and just some care put into it), I really wouldn't mind them re-releasing all the other Sonics yet again.

I would actually buy them this time, if they made them available in the Android market, 3DS or Wii (unlikely, since they're already on the Virtual Console).

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well the problem with that is Sonic 1 and 2 are already on PSN, and Sonic 1 - 3K are already on the Xbox Live arcade. Sonic CD may be the only one to get the special treatment, unless they decided to release another compilation only with improved quality for all