don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Because the console versions have a sales offer (£10.00 off) which the 3DS version isn't part of.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]

Anyway
    @Lobotomy: It's not, look at the RRP.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I love you Sparks.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He's already confirmed to make an appearance during Big Arm fight, and it's likely him piloting the Death Egg Robo seen at the end of the latest trailer.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz50YnRPa8c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    According to the user who posted this, at around 4:58-4:59 s/he presses the Spindash button while mobile and goes into a roll. So, now it seems the hot-button Spindash is no longer spammable while mobile. That's quite a good thing!

Also, classic Eggbotnik confirmed for GenerationsHD, considering how the Jazwares figure is now out.

6. Tito.

Tito.

I enjoyed the spamdash. Disappointing. I was hoping they wouldn't mess with the spin dash they already had in place.

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Speedruns are probably going to be less easy, which I guess is a good thing. Spamdash was really what caused those speedruns to work so well in the first place. Now you actually have to stop to use it.

And now running and then pressing "X" or Square makes you roll, eh? I wonder how the next Classic in Modern will play out with rolling mechanics in 3D. :3

8. Tito.

Tito.

As hard as it is to gain momentum while running (and slowing down to a halt), having to stop completely before using a spin dash isn't fun or convenient; at least to me. I haven't watched too many gameplay videos but hopefully the game is laced with straight lines so I can move at Sonic Speed like I want to. If not for speed, the spamdash's convenience was that it build acceleration quickly and easily... I'm gonna miss that.

...besides, now Classic Sonic's complete stop when he jumps and lands is going to be abused and exposed tenfold [​IMG]

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

Sorry for extending the fandumbish debate a bit.
    But just to state a fact about those who, I don't know why, are with issues about the old design being called "Eggman" ironically (or fittingly) designed to look like a walrus.

http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/5401735201_fba6446a2a_z.jpg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-Hedgehog-20th-DR-EGGMAN-EGGROBOS-3-Pack-TRU-/250879514955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6995994b#ht_2497wt_1165

The prototype was intended to be named "Dr. Ivo Robotnik", the final version is named "Dr. Eggman" probably because Sega requested so in the end.
    Expect the same treatment in Generations (and that's already expectable anyway)

Whatever you like or not the two names are associated with the character from 1991 to today.
    Use the name you want, but respect the choice of others.

I was just saying it's better to still use the Classic/Modern preffix, while the history behind the names are well known for the regular member here (usually),
    the forums are open to the general public to read, and propagating the confusion is not a good thing at all, imo.

And sorry again for propagating this "issue" that seems to repeat over and over, but I wanted to say this :P

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Now I'm hearing from another person that the mobile Spindash is still in the game. So which one is it then?

11. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Sucks to be you guys, since my first game was Sonic Adventure, the big fat villain was introduced to me as Robotnik AND Eggman. So I can live with either :P

(and personally I don't care)

12. Tito.

Tito.

It's probably still in the game. Everything you hear from non-officials should be taken with a grain of salt. Besides, there's not really a reason to take it out; the square button isn't necessary at all, and plus you can roll to a stop with the down button and apparently the X button? No point in Nazi'ing the whole spin dash just for the sake of forcing people to stop and then roll.

My question when it comes to the spin dash is how will it be regulated in-game? The spin dash is super-powerful this time around; when you're running away from GUN trucks and racing Metal Sonic and dodging rolling boulders in Seaside Hill, couldn't you just spin dash miles ahead of it to the point where there's no longer a threat?

Kinda like this dude at 1:21:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpOTiVAqGk&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s

13. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    Well, in racing Metal Sonic, weren't you able to stop holding the control stick and then press up to charge the super peel out when you were still moving via momentum, or no? If the later, then the spamdash would just make that fight easier. Since the Metal Sonic fight is going to be epic awesome boss fight instead of just a race this time around, then Metal Sonic should at least have a chance to kill you instead of relying on you slowing down to the point where Eggman will just slice you in half with his laser anyway.

Come to think of it, speaking of rival battles getting spruced up, it'd be awesome to see how SEGA makes the Shadow fight more of a deadly race to the finish, with more risks and more of a sense that you're fighting almost a clone that's out for blood, except he's a whole lot better than you. Shadow with Boost would be fun to see. Speaking of SA2...

...oh SHIT.

14. Tito.

Tito.

Basically what I'm saying. But with the spamdash, you don't have to stop. If you just spamdashed your whole way through, would Metal Sonic still be able to keep up? Or would he be on a scripted path like the truck in that video where he can't go any faster or slower no matter what the circumstances? If it's the latter, it'd hardly be a challenge. Hopefully, like you said, Metal Sonic has some kind of way to attack you (maybe if you go too fast they would have some kind of wall for that) if you spamdash to the finish line in .05 seconds, or at least be able to speed up to keep up with you... kinda like how on Kingdom Hearts when you fought the Ice Titan, if you put on your Aero shield, the Ice Titan would throw super ice shards at you that would deal even MORE damage than the regular ones would if you didn't put up the shield.

And not just for Metal Sonic, for the rest of the game's chase scenes and races.

I actually expect the Shadow battle to be almost a complete overhaul of the SA2 matchup. I don't really see Shadow having boost abilities (he's supposed to be slower than Sonic, despite them having the same speed in SA2), and to prevent the flaw of Chaos Controlling over and over and over (and therefore always being behind the player character) like in SA2, they'd have to do something a little bit different.

Speaking of; I wonder if we'll hear "I'LL USE YOUR.... CHAOS... CONTROOOOOOLLLLLL!!!" at any point in the game :v:

15. I just wanna hear dialogue overlapping again

"What is h...""My name is Shadow"

16. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I don't have a true preference on how the Shadow rivalry goes per say, but thinking about how it translates from SA2 and the story behind Generations...it'd be awesome to start the battle in Green Forest, then by way of Shadow's Chaos Control or the Time Holes that have opened up because of Time Eater, we end up on the Ark Runway for the second half of the battle. Given the right circumstances, it'd be perfect in my opinion.

17. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    Fix'd :P Honestly one of the few things of SA2 that got me annoyed or made me doubt the designer's mentality from time to time; that and most of the time the music being a crapton louder than the dialogue so you had to read the subtitles. Annoying.

1: That'd be pretty nice actually. Considering that the Metal Sonic race is more than just a race now, with him flying everywhere and presumably wanting vengeance (or just to kill you); I can see the Shadow battle shaping up to be almost like that; based on the boss battle to the extent that you're able to recognize the scene and remember that event in the game instantly, but the experience is different and (quite possibly) better.

2: Probably not; Shadow isn't playable, remember? ;P

EDIT:
    Hm, interesting idea. I honestly preffered the Ark Runway battle over the Green Forest one, as I found Green Forest's battle not only easy but not as memorable (besides being the first Shadow and Sonic conflict) as the final fight between the twin hedgehogs. Buuuut that's just me. What I'd find interesting is, if the rival and/or boss battles get both Classic and Modern fights, is Classic Sonic fights Shadow in Green Forest (first iteration of Sonic in the first ever fight against Shadow), and Modern Sonic fighting him on the Ark Runway (latest iteration of Sonic in the last battle against Shadow in SA2). That would make for a great setup, especially if they make a mini-stage out of Green Forest for the Shadow battle as Classic like they did with Metal Sonic (even though that was mandatory, as that "boss battle" was really a race in an actual zone).

Now I'm curious about the mechanics for the boss battles...

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Alternatively:

"HAH, You're not even good enough to be my f-""I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!"

19. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Fixed.

Don't forget the line that precedes that. "Hey, that's not his speeHe must be using the Chaos Emerald to wa-"

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I hope I'm not the only one who read that line like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.