don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Ditto.

I think it'd be ace to see classic Sonic doing those air guitar animations in a sound test layout similar to that of Sonic Advance.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else get reminded of this?

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    yep, mainly what I'm hoping for, Sonics (both) on Guitar/Bass, and Tails on Drums and C. Tails Singing ;P

4. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    The guy who did these removed the second mouth since so many people commented on how weird it looked. If he hadn't, Classic Sonic would have had his mouth wide open during his sequence of animations. The duplicate mouths just deal certain animations, and where the camera is on the character tells the muzzle where to load the mouth. Unleashed was the same way.

5. gold lightning

gold lightning

To be honest that did come to mind Sparks.

I really love those animations. I am anxious to see where most of them will placed in game. So much life has been pumped into every aspect of this game that I've seen so far. I also find it ironic that the game that brought back Classic Sonic is the game that is making me more fond of Modern Sonic than I have ever been before. I still like Classic Sonic more though.

Cannot be unseen.

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Huh, I never knew that. That's actually pretty darn interesting, and a rather clever way of making sure that Sonic's mouth will always be on the side of his face rather than dead center.

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    That guy is pretty cool, then. Also, someone should request he do Sonic doing that Sonic Adventure pose with the mouth visible on the other side, that way we can see Sonic stylin' in 3D like he should.

8. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Anyone have a level list for Generations 3DS yet? I was watching the Mushroom Hill video and it looks so damn tempting. Obviously it requires getting a 3DS but I don't know if I can resist the nostalgia overload. Shame Generations 3DS gets more classic levels (or more alluring alternate ones) than the real game. I swear to God if the 3DS version gets Ice Cap Zone I shall rage (or be relieved and happy in a strange synthesis of emotions). I still hope this Generations project opens the door for more games like this in the future. I guess we need to see how it sells. Please beat Sonic 4 (sold a million plus).

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Um... Since when...?

10. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I figure it probably has the same amount, and then the last 4 (?) zones are divided between Sonic Advance and Rush.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    First time seeing that trailer and all I can say is ????)?? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

It looks absolutely brilliant. SEGA is finally taking a classic style game seriously, and they are doing a fantastic job of it.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm surprised there's only seven zones in Generations 3DS when it could have had the same amount as its HD counterpart. Three classic, three GBA era, and three modern.

Then again, you can probably only collect one Chaos Emerald per Zone, like in other recent handheld titles, so maybe it's not so surprising.

13. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Those animations for Sonic posted a few pages back, I hate to say it but those animations of Classic Sonic remind me of Sonic School House >_>... Horrible horrible memories.... Especially the ones where he's jumping around like a maniac around the screen GOD WHY DOES THAT GAME EXIST?

14. Tito.

Tito.

Ignore the ridiculous glitch at the end of the video, but it looks like they have a new build for Green Hill. Looks beautiful; noticeably more colorful and full of life (shown at Gamescom along with Mushroom Hill). The 3DS version is looking better and better all the time.

Old video for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIau-_VQWy4

...but although the new version of Green Hill looks great, a part of me is sad because at least with the E3 demo version, I could pretend it was a remake of the Game Gear version of Green Hill, since the 3DS is supposed to pay tribute to handheld Sonic anyway (also, never noticed the grey water at :19 in the second video).

15. Wow, so basically everything from the magazines and E3 demo was pretty much all place holders? That's a relief. This is actually making me look foward into trying out the 3DS version... well, if it wasn't for the glitch galore that's been happening a lot lately, but those are obvious glitches Dimps would more than likely iron out. Keep it up =D

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    "New GHZ" as you put it, only looks different because they've moved the backgrounds a bit further forward.

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Whatever they've done it looks a ton better. Shame it doesn't effect game play at all. I hope the lag gets fixed.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No uncurling and an adjusted background doesn't make a good game.

19. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

A closer, but unfortunately crappy quality look at Modern City Escape.

I'm hoping the drift button for M. Sonic won't be B like it was in Unleashed, since for me that felt really awkward. Maybe it'll be Left or Right Trigger depending on the turn like you see in the skateboarding CE section.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You never tried using the left or right trigger to drift in Unleashed, have you?
    I didn't use the B button to drift while playing, but I did use the right trigger, since that came natural to me because I always used it to drift in Unleashed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.