don't click here

Router dying?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by DustArma, Aug 5, 2011.

1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Well, for a while now this router (DLink DI-624) has been behaving like crap, I keep losing connection each 10-15 seconds only for it to come back a few seconds later, if I so much as touch it the wrong way it freezes with all LEDs on and I need to unplug it and wait for about 2-3 minutes before it starts working again.

I tried doing a firmware upgrade but predictably the router lost connection mid-upload, the router survived it but with the disconnects there's no way for me to upgrade or downgrade the firmware.

Right now I have my PC connected directly to the modem with no connectivity issues, of course without the router I can't connect anything else.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to fix it, or should I just go and buy a new router?

2. Wind

Wind

I personally would buy a new router. It's not worth going through the trouble of trying to fix the thing when it already seems horribly broken.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, buy a router. Much less hassle.

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I have actually had a similar problem with my Orange Livebox. It never disconnected but my intenet access slowed ot a painful crawl. I noticed that it also got very hot. All I did to fix it was order another power brick, adaptor or whatever you want to call it, and the problem was solved. Worth a try but just replacing the whole router will probably cost the same.

5. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I guess I'll just get the new router, any recommendations for that?