don't click here

SonicGDK 1.30.000

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Xaklse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    With the mod I did for better air control, you can chain-bounce enemies :v:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvkZ9WWad8[/youtube]

Part of that is the great blob shadow that appears when you're above a certain height - makes landing on an intended target super easy.

Also in that video: I set up a webcam to capture the weird "water emerging" bug.

This is probably covered in a tutorial somewhere, but how would I go about creating my own classes? I know when I was backing up the unmodified .uc files by copy-pasting them, the compiler would give me a warning that they existed and weren't linked to anything.

2. You already could :v:

I can't reproduce it, what are your settings? Resolution, fullscreen, motion blur... Does anyone get the same bug?

Well, you have to take advantage of the concept of inheritance (any idea of that?) by extending from the SonicGDK classes you want to modify, and put your own classes in another folder.

Readme (replace "MyGame" with "BlazeMod" for instance):
    That's the first long step.

--------------------------------------------------

1.00.016 is up!

Changelog:
    • Updated SGDKPlayerPawn again for better compatibility with AttachToActor Kismet node.
    • Fixed a bug which locked Sonic's running animation; it constantly played the "Mach Run" animation.
    • Fixed the speed shoes so that it works better with running on water.
    • Added bCameraRotationOffset to CameraInfo; it improves RelativeOffset mode in CameraPointDefinition.
    • Fixed a bug which caused slow dropped rings to stick to ceiling.
    • Added another check in SGDKMusicManager's Tick().
    • Changed a 2.5D camera of the test map.
    • Added three giant rings which teleport players to other maps.
    - Download links: (requires UDK June 2011):
    DepositFiles / FileServe / FileSonic / HotFile / MegaUpload / RapidShare / Uploading / ZShare

3. James K

James K

Wow, I'm still amazed at just the technical aspect of this.

Xaklse, what part of the code allows for getting an actor to stick and be rotated to a surface, could you possibly explain the math involved for collision and rotation to a surface?

4. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I dunno if anyone's seen this or if it's been brought up here, but;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsQzHnNXGo[/youtube]

This is pretty fucking boss. This dude did some pretty cool shit with Blitzsonic, so I'm not surprised to see him taking up GDK like this. But man, this just reinforces that it'd be pretty cool to see Sonic Adventure stages remade using GDK.

5. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    That is pretty amazing. Would be nicer if the camera didn't zoom way the fuck out sometimes.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It's a nice demonstration of SonicGDK, but I think Sonic Adventure levels should be left the hell alone. Just my personal opinion.

7. Bring me SA2 levels and we'll talk.

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    If I could rip the levels, I'd do it, but I would a way to rip the levels.

9. James K

James K

Come on, he obviously put effort into making something, there's no need to criticize the level choice.

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    On the subject of levels, I saw this one yesterday that amused me (I think Azukara favorited it?):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grAeZ-yCTc[/youtube]

Reminds me of a cross between Asteroid Coaster and a Super Mario Galaxy level.

Yeah but now its easier!

Everything is default. I don't even know how to change settings in UDK, and UDK Game seems to specifically disable certain graphical features like anti-aliasing (either that or my graphics card is being an ass).

That sounds complicated! No idea about inheritance either, but it sounds like I'd be creating essentially a UT3 mod and running it through SonicGDK. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually, I dunno.

11. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    That was my first thought when I saw the springs on the rocks.
    Also, yes it reminds me of an SMG stage.
    Possibly Battlerock Galaxy or Space Junk Galaxy?
    (Excuse the lack of remembering the stage names but I haven't played that game in a long time.)
    Looks very interesting, none the less.

12. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    How quickly we've forgotten that rolling down hills makes you go faster!

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    There's no need to criticize my criticism either. Sonic Adventure levels played fine in the engine they were made for. Better, in my opinion.

It's really not that big of a deal. I'm not shitting on his work or anything.

14. James K

James K

Yeah, I get the same bug with the latest version of GDK, it looks like the player goes into "dying state" just walking into water then walking out of it.

15. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    [​IMG]

Bossfight lol.

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    That's a very nice render.

The "Open" command doesn't appear to be working for me.

17. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QOIeuVXMo[/youtube]
    Just playing with the engine...

Don't mind about some physics glitches and the high contrast applied. :C

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Nice set up !
    You gata love UDK! ! !

@ Everyone else....
    I'm going to break and ask for help with this little issue that I'm having, in hopes that we have an experienced UDK shader god among us.
    Ok guys,
    First we set up a flat plane model with a bunch of subdivisions.
    [​IMG]

Than we made a world position offset vertex shader that morphs that model into a sphere.
    [​IMG]

We want to apply reflections to the model, however when the reflections are captured, they seem to be only done after the vertex shader step.
    ( causing the reflections to be cut in half.)
    [​IMG]

In the final picture, notice that the reflections look more correct compared to the ones on the curved vertex shader.
    We figure if there is some way to capture the reflection before the vertex shader changes the geometry's shape,
    than we can have the same reflections shown on the original flat model be applied after the vertex shader.
    [​IMG]

So??
    Is there a way to catch the reflections before our vertex shader is applied to the model? I wonder,,,is there some sort of pre-process?

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    As far as I'm concerned, UDK doesn't like very much any kind of refections...
    http://udkbrasil.blogspot.com/2010/11/real-time-reflection.html#bn-forum-1-1-772067271/8435/0/show/real-time-reflection.html
    You can try this.

20. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Thanks for trying to help.. but, that's not the problem, I can set up all of udk's reflection systems.
    Trouble we are having, is that we need to have the reflection buffer see the model without the fisheye vertex shader applied.
    I know this can be done threw a pre-process type scenario, but I'm not as familiar with UDK as a few other engines, cant find any info on how to set up pre process for materials in UDK.