don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightXIII

LightXIII

SPARKING!!!
    Well their is our answer as 2 who "Time Eater" is. I'm perfectly ok with Mephiles returning, he was a cool bad Guy n the ONLY bad Guy 2 kill Sonic. I'm telling u my Anniversary theory is proving true as each new Sonic Generations info gets released. Every Anniversary gives us a new Hedgehog character n Mephiles fits the bill. Sonic's killer returns! (His World instrumental version plays in background) I hope.

2. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

Ehh, I'd rather it not be Mephiles, to be honest. How about some originality in this piece..

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Is it me or does the Spike Wisp in Colors spin dash in a very similar way that Classic Sonic does in Generations?

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    De-ja-vu. I was writing up a crazy ramble I had awhile ago about how possibly colors could've been generations wii at one point and I mentioned that allot of the color wisp mechanics shared similarities with generations classic mechanics from the demo.

They do feel very similar though I wish I had more color time with the pink wisp to do proper testing.

5. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Oh wow, I just realized that

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/29/sonic_generations_ps360_screens/2132456561/

is inside the bits you walk on! That's really neat, I love the way there is extra exploration in the modern versions of the classic levels.

6. Oh no. We hacked a DEMO of the game and are using the things within as fact! Oh no, scripted paths! The game MUST suck!

This is seriously asinine behaviour. The screenshots look promising, and the demo itself was pretty fun to play. So stop your whinin' and wait until the game is released =P

7. Steven M

Steven M

Dangerously high levels of mad detected, Captain

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The return of Mini-Sonic and the flow of Mega Mack.

D'aw shiz.

9. Hmmm... And maybe that's part of the reason why colors had several classic badniks! (speculation!)

10. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

This gentleman right here knows what's up. I mean, look at his avatar!

Good taste, sir, good taste..

11. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    [​IMG]

Wait, that's supposed to be Mini-Sonic?

12. serpx

serpx

There was no definite answer in that post. Just assumptions. I personally highly doubt its Mephiles, that'd be a pretty lackluster of an idea for a villain in a game of this magnitude. Also, I JUST realized yesterday that the blue tubes Sonic ran on in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant Zone were filled with liquid ... (cue Homer's DO'H)

13. GuetaMinute

GuetaMinute

Once again, called it, lol. Not an amazing discovery by far, obviously, but still.

14. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I think it's more likely to be a big tube

15. Mosqui

Mosqui

Am I the only one that is reminded of Aquatic Capital from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity? Minus the gravity board, obviously.

That being said, this is certainly a unique way of incorporating multiple paths and I welcome it. Bringing back the blocks/rising water segment is also a stroke of genius in my opinion; let's just hope it retains the same suspensful feeling of the original from Sonic 2.

16. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I think that's right, considering the size of the rings in relation to Sonic.

17. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    That's too clever and malicious for them to do. I wouldn't put it past them to have some sort of 4th-wall-breaking gimmick where "the people's energy" revitalizes Sonic for the final battle, though.

18. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    This is actually a very interesting concept, seeing as they recorded many, many people shouting "Happy Birthday Sonic!" and "Wooooo!", at Summer of Sonic, and Sonic Boom.

19. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    I know this is ridiculous nitpicking at its finest, but the fact that Sonic can get inside the pipes moving Mega Mack around and slide in it with no ill effects bothers me because the stuff hurts Sonic on contact in every other situation.

20. Yeah, it sure does.

Oh wait...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.