don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The submissions deadline will now be at 9PM ET. I would have ended the contest at 12AM my time, which is less than half an hour, but I think there would be some issues in not giving enough notice, so have some "extra time".

EDIT: TIME'S UP - LIST OF SUBMISSIONS TO BE POSTED SHORTLY.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    As it's 9:01 EDT, the deadline for entries is now over. I do believe there is a week to update your entries that are already in though, and then judging begins.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The deadline for submissions has expired, but for those who have successfully submitted, there is a further week to submit any updated builds. Here are this year's contest entries:

4. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    We have a winner for the Christmas Present Trophy already. ColinC10. Again. As every year. :V

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow no Sonic Megamix?

But hell yes Colin10 returns! I can't wait to see what he has in store for us this time.

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Welp, I shot myself in the foot. Waited too long, loosing sleep over it and procrastinating. I knew that if I fell asleep I would miss the submission date. And wouldn't you know it I sleep for perhaps an hour accidentally and I miss it. This is all my fault. I probably wasn't going to win anyway.

7. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    A lot of good entries this year! Especially number 8 there :v:
    But seriously, excited as shit for the yearly ColinC10 project as well as a few others that sound interesting (Latios in S3K?)

8. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I think that depends on whether the judges have played Chip's Challenge ;)

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Damn no Retro Remix this year. I though Thorn was just keeping things quiet but it seems he isn't planning on releasing one any time soon.

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Yay for more ColinC10 goodness! A man who doesn't talk, but just gets shit done. Good shit at that! This year we have the added frustration of wondering what his hack will be about, when before it was easier (with Robotnik's Revenge, 3K The Challenges, and Sonic 1 and 2).

12. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    First time I've entered this year, looking forward to seeing some of these hacks.
    Also, I had no clue we had an extra week for updates. I like that, gives me a chance to have a whack at finishing one of my ideas. =P

13. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Good thing I actually entered something decent! I still have a week to finish it up. I checked and the trophies I have a chance to get are the Genocide City Trophy and the WTF trophy. Although the Genocide City is less likely to be won by me, with ERaZor and Lunacy in this contest.

And lookling at the hacks, its a shame that there are no real masterpieces like Megamix, Boom, Retro Remix entering this year. Sonic Retro's hacking community all went to researching modern games.

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Not everyone can submit every year. Some may be too busy to work on things right now, or maybe they want to perfect their hack until it's completely ready for a public release. Nobody is forced to enter the Hacking Contest, but some do every year. Some people even churn out a different piece every year.

Just appreciate what was entered. There might be a smaller amount of entries as opposed to last year, but it will lighten the load for the judges, and hopefully the results will be posted without long delays this time.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    [​IMG]

I resent that remark :|

16. Scott4

Scott4

Frederick, MD
    Latios in S3K, Brick in Sonic 1, Unnamed S3K Hack
    This extra week will be quite useful.

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Well shit I just realized I entered my hack as "Partially Private". I meant to enter it as "Public." SOTI you have my permission to add a download link of my hack for the community judging. :v:

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    A reminder that the update deadline is 9PM ET tonight. After that, judging will commence for an undetermined period of time. Then, a date for the Contest Week will be set (where you can download the public entries and vote on the submissions) with the full results at the end.

Due to the "reduced" workload this year everything might be quicker than expected, but nothing can be promised.

EDIT: Deadline expired. Do not submit any further builds.

19. Scott4

Scott4

Frederick, MD
    :ohdear: Thought it was tomorrow night......... :v: Meh.

20. Scott4

Scott4

Frederick, MD
    I wish you the time, energy, and patience to work wonders with this hack. This shit is amazing. Is it strange that I think Sonic Advance 3's world map concept reminds me of Kirby?