don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Was that for the PC or Console preorder?

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It is the PC preorder. I placed it in advance so I could lock the best price, but I might decide to cancel it eventually if they're not going to fix the various physics issues (rolling, spin dashing, etc).

3. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    I've got an Xbox. There will be a way to extract and explore he demo I'm sure, but its just getting working software... I've not ventured into that territory yet.

4. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    They pop up on the results screen when you put the game in production mode. 'course, the game crashes right after that.

5. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    Sega Spain confirmed to us via mail that the Generations Special Edition is true, at least for Spain.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Spain got special editions of Classic Collection, Colours and Black Knight (yes, Black Knight :P) too. I wonder if other countries will be seeing this too.

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    That's great, that means they are acknowledging the PC version as far as preorders go, though I wonder why haven't SEGA announced it yet, between the GAME UK preorders, "Sonic Generations Beta" sitting in the Steam registry, and the fiscal report that got the whole thing started in the first place, pretty much everyone who is following this game already knows about it.

8. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    Oh! If there is a special edition, I HAVE to buy it! I wonder if there are any details :)

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Did we? Really?

Well... The Sonic Colors "special edition" consisted in the game plus a Sonic figurine, and we've seen that a new limited Sonic statue that won't be sold separately has just been made for the annyversary, so it might be related to this.

10. MasterHankHill

MasterHankHill

Well hell, I pre-ordered a copy for the 360 back in June and there werent any choices for any editions other than the regular game ;___; time to dig up my receipt.

11. bolt7

bolt7

Not sure if this has been posted already but; Gameplay have the PC version up for pre-order as well. Strangely, they pegged it as a October release even though the console versions listed on their site say November.

I've placed a pre-order for the PS3 version at work (though I kinda wish I'd gone with 360 now) and will probably buy the PC one online after release. I'd rather get it on disc than on Steam, mainly for hacks and stuff (plus it'll be cheaper.)

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Here's a selection of editions released in Spain and nowhere else.

Also, that limited statue by F4F (Modern Sonic on a GHZ base) is for SEGA employees and members of the press, only a handful will be given away to fans through competitions.

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    yes, there was a special edition with a toy sword where you can insert your wiimote, called "legendary pack". Also, there were a special pack who incluided Secret Rings and Black Knight, and another one who incluided Heroes and Riders Zero Gravity for ps2.

You can still buy them in El Corte Inglés

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Ah, those pics do ring a bell. Thanks for posting them. :)

15. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    I've always wanted a proper Sonic Ring :D - Don't know what I'd do with it though... Doubt it would do this though @1.35 -

16. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
  17. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I admire what they're trying to do, and they've done a decent job, but Classic City Escape really has a strong beat, this tries to be rocky, but feels lacking. They need to make it feel stronger, rather than just another version of city escape's music. =P

18. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    Oh... it's terrible :( :( :(

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I like it, though there just doesn't seem to be enough bass.

20. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Youtube'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.