don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2011!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nova, May 6, 2011.

1. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Still so much to do before the big day! Gotta pick up my SonicLondon leaflets from the printers (which Svend helped me out with. Big time!), finish my conbadge commissions, tidy house before Hannah comes and get hair done for my Helen Cartwright cosplay <3

2. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
  3. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

I know right? Can't believe they managed to pull of that, epicness of the highest order!

4. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Just in case people here didnt subscribe to the facebook page for the pre-party; we changed the pricing for it. It's now £15 with open bar and free food : )

Also my partner in crime, Ben made a neat little promo video showing what Jetlags venue is like :3 (note the shots mentioned in the video will be those from drunken moogle - so all credit goes to them for those)

5. Nova

Nova

Jenny, seeing Miles pop up at the end of that video still cracks me up every time.

SIX DAYS TO GO EVERYONE. HOSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIII-

6. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    I really wish I lived in Europe.

7. The only folks I'll vaguely know of is Nova and Overlord. But heck, convince me on the day and I'll stop lurking around here as much.

Regardless, I'm coming along on the Saturday. I didn't book anywhere, and won't be about for the Sunday / After party antics. I'll most likely vanish into the City later in the afternoon as I rarely visit London as it is.

Hope to meet and greet some of you this year though. Fyi, I believe I'll be wearing a Cookie Monster Hoodie, so it shouldn't be difficult to find myself. :P

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Now everyone there will be wearing one. :colbert:

9. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    This was posted on the SoS website a couple of days ago so you may have seen it already, but I figured I'd post it here anyway just in case: http://www.summerofsonic.com/news/sonicteamqanda

Could be a nice opportunity ask some good questions; I'm sure you guys could think of some interesting things to ask about :)

10. Nova

Nova

For anyone who's looking for some short-notice accommodation, Nik and myself will be staying at The Walrus, Waterloo. It's not exactly the closest to the event but it is very close to the Namco Station which will be helpful to anyone planning to attend the Barcade on Sunday. It also has good tube links and allows a very short trip to reach the Northern Line which is suffering no closures this weekend and will most likely be the best line for anyone attending.

I am so excited now, I can barely contain it. For clarification, who's going to the pre-party on Friday? I totally forgot I'm going and now remember that there's some serious drinking to be done at the end of the week! :P

11. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Me and Hannah are planning on going~

Gonna be so hungover on the day, oh boy >_>

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'll be there. Might be a little late depending on one or two things, but I'll be there. =P

13. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Well, unfortunately I'm on duty on Friday so can't do any of the pre-party business, but all things being well I've got the weekend itself off. Still trying to sort out times etc., though

14. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    Travelling to London tomorrow. Will be at the party on Friday but meeting a friend on Sunday won't be around.
    Also, if anyone wants to pick up one or two of these 1-inch badges on Saturday, they're 20p each:

[​IMG]

Will also have sone A3 prints of this page going for £2:
    http://www.stconline.co.uk/250/250/strip1_26.html

15. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    I'm going to be bringing my 3DS along with the usual games (SSF4 3D, Sonic Rush/Rush Adventures/Colours, Pokemon D&P/Plt/HG&SS/B&W, and for shits and giggles, Mario Kart/Party/NSMB etc.). I'll also be bringing my NeoGeo Pocket Colour with Sonic Pocket Adventure if anyone is interested in having a game with me (I don't have a link cable however; if you have one then brilliant).

Depending on what's going on Saturday and/or Sunday (during Nova's post-SoS Retro UK Barcade Run), let's have another NDS/3DS session with the usual games =P

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Oh GOD X-Factor is epic.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Quoting myself from Facebook.

18. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
  19. Ink

Ink

Homicidal Echidna Oldbie
    Thank you, Summer of Sonic, for this beauty:

Sonic Generations Music- City Escape 'Classic Remix'

Can't. Stop. Listening.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I heard Yuji Naka apologized for the Carnival Night Barrel. Awesome.