don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I think he meant how will the boss fights play out. I mean, he has a point. Sonic Adventure 2 had a whole different play style to Sonic Unleaehed AFAIK (though they managed to make City Escape work beautifully), and in the boss fight for SA2 you would stay stationary and jump on the opponent. Unleashed, however, was a chase fight, because of Sonic's emphasis on speed. So it would be interesting to see how boss fights play out...

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    GUN Truck for City Escape's boss fight.

I called it now

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Doubt it. It breaks down at the end of Classic Sonic's level.

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    The truck could break down canonically at the end of Classic Sonic's level, then it gets repaired and retrofitted with the sawblades and rocket boosters that are seen in Modern Sonic's version.

I didn't see it breaking down at Modern's section, meaning that the truck could be coming as a boss using the boosters and sawblades.

Hey, it can work :specialed:

5. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Guys, haven't you seen Terminator 2?

The final boss for City Escape is obviously going to be the truck's driver: T1000. No one would chase anyone that relentlessly unless that one happens to be a heartless cyborg programmed with the sole intent of termination.

So the GUN truck crashed and stuff. It could explode and take out Station Square and he'd come out of it with nary a scratch. All I'm saying is you'd better hope Shadow is in there with a grenade launcher ready.

EDIT: I can't get enough of that scene after the City Escape trailer.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    THIS. Freaking this. I'm not a huge fan of te level itself, but I would want it to be in the game for historical reasons. And this is enough to warrant it to be in the game. Likewise, I'd want to see Stardust Speedway, because of the epic Metal Sonic race.

So, based on historical events, I'd want to see the following levels/bosses.

Green Hill Zone - Dr. Robotnik's first encounter with Sonic. Already announced.
    Collision Chaos Zone - First encounter with Metal Sonic; Metal Sonic kidnappes Amy.
    Stardust Speedway Zone - BOSS - Metal Sonic race. Destruction of Metal Sonic.
    Metallic Madness - BOSS - Sonic saves Amy.
    Crystal Egg Zone - BOSS - Sonic saves Tails. 8-bit level... :(
    Oil Ocean Zone - Oil spill provoked by Dr. Robotnik's oil refinery industry. Industry that is probably a facade to an actuall Death Egg launch base.
    Angel Island Zone - Sonic meets Knuckles.
    Floating Island's Hidden Palace Zone - BOSS - Epic Knuckles fight. Plus the first encounter with the Master Emerald.
    Death Egg Zone - and BOSS - Duh, the end of the Trilogy.
    Lost World - Sonic meets Tikal and learn about the future prophecies.
    Perfect Chaos - BOSS - The destruction of Station Square.
    City Escape - Sonic meets Shadow. Already announced.
    Cannon's Core - and BOSS - We insert Rouge here for no expecific reason. Prevents the further distruction of the Moon, protects Earth in the proccess. Shadow the Emodgehog dies.
    Metal Madness/Overlord - BOSS - Supah Powah Of Taem Workz Bullshit! Destruction? Of Metal Sonic? Again?
    Crisis City - >_> We learn about Blaze the Cat's and Silver's future. We learn about Princess Bullshit's Flame Of Disaster, and Iblis.
    Spagonia/Rooftop Run - We learn about Dark Gaia by instructions of Proffessor Pickle. And Werehogs. Already Announced.
    Eggmanland - Well, Dr. Robo- err, Eggman finally manages to build his (my) so dreamed amusement park that he boasted since SA1. Also, the restoration of Earth and defeat and end of Dark Gaia. And Werehogs. This is an important historical fact!
    Tropical Resort - Supposedly, Eggman has gone goody-goody with everybody. Or is he? We learn about the Wisps.
    Asteroid Coaster - We learn that Eggman is using the Wisps powers to brainwash the human race, turning the Wisps berserk in the proccess!
    Terminal Velocity - BOSS - Eggman is finally a bad guy once again, and is the final boss of the game. This marks an important historical fact: The end of the "Monster Of The Week."

7. ...PLEASE! <3

I love Collision Chaos. Such a gorgeous, kinetic and memorable zone. It's THE level I think of when someone says "Sonic CD."

Please, Sega. :)

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Didn't someone say CD wasn't getting in? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Even so, I'd love for Collision Chaos to be in, but I think Spring Yard Zone is probably the more 'realistic' choice to go with for now.

Honestly, as far as boss fights go, I'd like for Classic and Modern to have both styles (chase boss and stationary boss) thrown in. To add variety and such. And don't say Classic couldn't pull it off because Mushroom Hill's boss says 'Hi'. Oh, and Lava Reef's too, if you wanna count that.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    When I think of Sonic CD I think of Stardust Speedway.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You're wrong. We have no idea if it will get in or not.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I'm going to be a nerd and tell you that Oil Ocean Zone wasn't an oil spill, because you can clearly see the stuff being dumped in the back drop throughout the level :v:

I think they're going one level from each game, obviously doing any more would leave less space. I hope they do Death Egg (which I'm sure they will, at least Launch Base is coming to the 3DS, as we've gotten the boss). I'm not really looking for any Colours levels, and I would have hoped they'd have left 2006 well alone, given that it would not make sense, considering it was wiped from memory.

12. MastaSys

MastaSys

Among other mistakes, for example Eggmanland dates waaay before SA1 (I think it's even the doctor's original plan in Sonic 1) and Amy was saved in Stardust S. not Metallic M.
    But yeah it's not that important.

13. Malpass

Malpass

Fell at the Battle of the Wing Fortress, 1992. Member
    I really hope that if they choose a S3 level, they go for either Hydrocity or IceCap. Both have brilliant soundtracks and both are great levels.

Flying Battery too please Sega!

14. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member

Just because it was wiped from his memory doesn't mean he wasn't there at all. If he was there at any point in "time" then he could theoretically be sent back to it, even though he would probably say something like, "Wow, where the heck is this place? I don't remember being here before!"

15. "Wow, where the heck is this place? I don't remember being here before... Man I feel kind of sick.. Something about a babyfaced human shoving their tongue down my throat".

Yeah, including 06 would be retarded :colbert:

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion

hahaha u funneh

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, including a level from a major Sonic game in a game that's supposed to have levels from every major Sonic game would be retarded.

18. Major? Yeah majorly embarassing. :v:

19. Rokkan

Rokkan

Yeah, including the utter embarassment from SEGA in which they're desperately trying to forget about it would be retarded. I mean, what other game could we put instead? Sonic CD? pfft. That's clearly a spin-off that is completely unimportant and inrelevant to Sonic's history. Wonder why we put Sonic CD levels on the polls anyway, since we're clearly not putting it in.

Btw, a song is a really good argument to have a stage from that game. In that case, let's put Isolated Island too.

In other news, when is the demo gonna come out? I think I read about it being launched next week, but I can't find that anywhere. Do we even have a date?

20. Sonic CD? Who buys CD's ANYMORE :specialed: The demo was just announced to exist.. So we should hear about it closer to release which is what a few months?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.