don't click here

Sonic Boom 2011 Event Photos from Club Nokia @ E3 and Thanks!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hyperblue, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Alexbt

Alexbt

TheRetroHobbyist Oldbie
    I had a nice chuckle through this thread.

Not sure if I could have found a way to even go to this, but it would have been fun. I found out just as/after it was happening.

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    And? I don't mind a hair metal twist on one of my favorite songs from the series.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And, some people don't like it as much. Different tastes, and all that.

But anyway (and since this won't erase the old song from existance =P), I think it's always nice to have alternate versions coexisting... Which is more or less the purpose of having the two Sonics in Generations, for that matter.

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Eh, I wasn't saying I absolutely loved it either; I just don't get the whole black-and-white viewpoints most of us Retrogoers seem to have, and was half-ish standing up for the song for the sake of it.

It's not really that bad (I love the progressions and the synths), but the singing kind of throws it off some. I think it may have to do with the fact that the song is played in a different pitch than the original, which makes it sound a tad off compared to the norm. Not too much to ruin it forever or make me "hate" it, but it brought it a bit down from what it could've been.

Looking classy as always there, guys. :)

5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Happy 20th birthday Sonic. OMG costume from hell. Is that his penis?

So did anyone grab ahold of Yasuhara to ask him about the purpose of Hidden Palace's "green stone" in Sonic 2? He is standing right there in the pictures. So is that disgusting Sonic costume man, so I assume most of the people had some access to the stage?

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Quick! Edit it with green eyed icecream for the one on the right to be much more accurate. :specialed:

7. dsrb

dsrb

Haha, please do. Hours of fun with these:
    [​IMG]

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm too lazy, I don't care if someone edits the image I posted though. :v:

9. dsrb

dsrb

Reposting for great justice (and personal ineptitude at image editing):
    [​IMG]
    Of course, there's the alternative of the Unleashed grimace, as JcFerggy noted on page 2…Decisions, decisions.

10. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Get two for the price of one! :eng101:

[​IMG]

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I hate all of you.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    As hilarious as these are, I'm gonna need you guys to tone down the shops a bit.

13. Man, I LOVE those ice creams! I always thought it was cool how the sticker advertising them on the ice cream man's cart said "Sonic Xtreme" with a Karate Sonic!