don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    from what I could make out the classic sonic version of the ciry escape song was a slower synth 90's pop version.

I'll get these videos on youtube :D

2. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I couldn't hear much of the music, but when that truck comes out in Modern City Escape, it's theme starts.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Late to the party, so let me just explain this.

Did you seriously expect Sonic Generations 3DS to be as good as the console version? As much as people want Dimps to get out of those design habits they use too much (excessive speed boosters, uncurling, bad physics, etc), a lot of things won't be looked at. You might as well say the same for Episode II whenever it comes out. However, it's worth noting that in Green Hill, instead of dash pads that shouldn't be there, there's a whole bunch of springs to play with. (Thanks to Slingerland for telling me about this)

What disappoints me is that Sonic Team were actually looking into 3DS development, but in the end they outsourced the game to Dimps which to be honest, was a bad move. However, it seems that many people are looking forward to Generations regardless, but even if the 3DS version will offer many different levels, main focus will always be put on the version going out to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and whatever other platforms that it goes out to.

Now, as for City Escape, I just watched the gameplay footage and I enjoyed it well. I do have to say though, in some cases the Classic gameplay made me think of Rooftop Run more than the actual level though. Looking forward to further progress.

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I lost it when I saw the rocket thrusters. I can't lie, even the modern gameplay is starting to look pretty cool now that they've given the player some things to do. I do hope there aren't any other Interceptor moments in the game to steal the truck's thunder, that shit gets old fast.

5. Felik

Felik

Did you seriously know that 3DS ver. was developed by Dimps unless you watched a gameplay footage just today?

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well...Green Hill has giant fish...City Esacepe has the truck. I'd be on the fence of "there will be more".

7. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    What's wrong with Classic Sonic doing some grinds? I know it's CLASSIC Sonic, but it seems fair seeing that it's is the level that introduced grinding to the series.

8. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Oh, hell. They decide to show live feed and here I am sitting with a shitty wifi source with the feed constantly needing to buffer. This isn't fun. Once the fun's over, someone be sure to upload this to Youtube.

9. Yeah, I agree. I tend to think that Classic Sonic was cool enough to do anything (ie, if Sonic Team thought of Grinding in the Genesis days, he'd be able to do it)

EDIT: I haven't been able to see much of City Escape. How is grinding? Is it physics based like SA2 or... automated.

10. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

It's not like he's even grinding on it. He's rolling of all things, and I thought that's what everyone on this site goes insane over when he doesn't do it.

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I think the problem would be overdoing the grinding, like what happened with post Adventure 2 games, some grinding here and there, especially when it fits the level theme, is welcome IMO

12. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    OMG That level was AMAZING. That effin truck man omg, it was so awesome. It really is out for blood, flying jumping on buildings going sideways, it literally was trying to run Classic Sonic down and when he got up high on the construction walkways the truck literally turned back around and went back to take him out. And those SAWBLADES! OMG they made that run from the truck portion so much more epic and harder and awesome. Look at how open and vast Modern Sonic's level was it was amazing! There was so much open space and so much happening, and I saw a lot of sections from the original City Escape level. I was also super happy to see the stair railings again and saw Sonic grinding on them.

I LOVE Classic Sonic's little skateboard. The Classic levels music sounded slower and more 90's - ish. But OMG that TRUCK!!!!! I had a massive smile on my face, red faced from laughing and excitement and jumping up and down excitedly saying oh shit every 10 seconds from that spazz-tastic truck freaking the hell out. It has a mind of its own in this game. Yeah Generations City Escape is amazing and better than the original lol. It was more difficult and crazy and open looking than Green Hill. I am very happy and excited for this game now.

I feel like a little kid again on Christmas. I wasn't expecting them to show City Escape but I'm so happy they did. Sonic grinding on telephone poles is pure win too. Also the score board part for Green Hill did anyone else find Classic Sonic SUPER DAMN ADORABLE when he was spazzing the hell out jumping around and then spin attacking everywhere in excitement? Even Modern Sonic was hyper and freaking out jumping around and break dancing lol. It was awesome, Classic Sonic is just so adorable in this game I want to hug him.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I loved how non-linear felt Modern Sonic's section, and the platforming, it felt like the best of Colors meets the best of Unleashed and all of that very improved.

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Technically he wasn't even grinding, I don't know what he was doing. He was curled up into a ball and rolled along the pipes. I guess they function like conveyor belts or something, because they kept propelling him forward.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The giant fish is just... a giant fish, though. It doesn't play like the Interceptor the way the truck does.

16. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member

Caught the modern gameplay on Youtube for all of you, is still processing a bit so quality should improve a bit, but still stream quality.

Classic Sonic gameplay caught. Modern Sonic now in 1080p.

Classic sonic now in HD as well.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Somebody ask him to do that on the 3DS version.

18. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Thanks dusk.

Can't wait for this game to be released. I wonder what they'll do for street pass, maybe collect more characters for photo taking? Also Sonic AR card... Do want.

19. Flare

Flare

Wow, I laughed when the truck appeared. I love that they really aren't taking the whole thing seriously if you know what I mean... really want to hear some of these tracks clearer though.

20. Steven M

Steven M

Thanks for the footage capture, Dusk Golem! Seriously pumped for this game now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.