don't click here

TriSphere

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tribeam, May 8, 2011.

1. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Hello again, It's me Tribeam, you know that guy that made the palette editor thing? Welp im back with a new tool o/

Cept it's not being released just yet, still needs work, but I figured I'd show off anyway :P

Anyway enough of that...on to the topic at hand!

This is the TriSphere editor, it edits the Blue Sphere game, but not the standard Sonic3K levels, it edits the 128 chunks that the blue sphere game uses to make random levels, and it doubles as a level previewer!

And heres the screenshot for you to not drool all over.
    [​IMG]

Discuss Ideas, Hates, Likes, Enjoy, etc.

Edit: Oh and if you're wondering why the background is dim, I did that because the background clashes with the sprites, making them hard to see.

Edit2: Also is supports the sonic3k DisASM too \o

Edit3: Change the screenshot to a more updated version.

2. Tribeam

Tribeam

Double Post Bump Update Screenshot time!

Now with more info and half working chunk editor.
    Also soon on my list it will edit normal Sonic3K levels as well as the blue sphere chunks.
    [​IMG]

3. Blackhearted Knight

Blackhearted Knight

Wolfsbane706 Member
    CO
    Looks interesting. Are the screenshots custom-made levels or default ones?

4. Tribeam

Tribeam

Those screenshots were indeed the default levels.

Moving on...

Progress! now with 2 screenshots (Thanks to Sonic Boom for making better sphere images for me)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you're going to edit regular S3 and S&K special stages I can send you the source code of Blue Balls in case it can help. What language are you using for this?

Nice work so far btw, I know someone is going to love it.

6. Tribeam

Tribeam

Language: "C# .Net 4.0" (I might compile it under a lower version for people who hate .net and don't wanna install 4.0)

And the source code to Blue Balls shouldn't be necessary because the standard levels are the same format as the chunk data (just double sized and not Kosinski compressed)

Thanks for the suggested help though :D

7. Tribeam

Tribeam

Edit: I don't know how but it double posted on me :s

8. Tribeam

Tribeam

Update:

Going through a rewrite at the moment because the old code got so messy it was getting hard to add new features and fix errors and make it stable.
    The new code allows me to make more flexible features listed here...

Done
    - New code now supports ROM editing(Sonic3, SonicK, Sonic3k, and MainMemory's Blue Sphere ROM)
    - New code has better DisASM support, all you have to do is point it to your DisASM folder(from the retrosvn))
    - This new DisASM support can edit S3, SK and BlueSphere chunks all at once.
    - This new code also supports MainMemory's Custom Blue Sphere Level Adder Thing.

Planned
    - Will have beautiful user friendly GUI for dummy support.
    - The GUI will have tabbed editing for loading multiple levels/chunks at once.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You do realize that the layout data moves every time I build the ROM, right?

+ - Although, I may release the source when I'm "done".  

10. Tribeam

Tribeam

Well thats no fun :(

Well maybe I could add a setting to the INI to point to where the layout is, to quickly update for newer versions of your ROM, or something