don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Uhm, I remember downloading the Sonic 2k6 on the 360 in sometime around August. I remember that clearly because it was around that time that I was playing Enchanted Arms.

Also, as far as I can remember, Sonic Unleashed didn't had a demo prior to the actual game's release date.

However, a public demo around E3 days for Sonic Generations isn't a far fetched posibility. But If a demo of Generations ever gets released earlier to the press, I'll let you guys know. *wink wink*

2. serpx

serpx

From my point of view, I think it'd be a good idea -- if they can make it happen -- to standardize a release of a demo months prior to a game release in order to gather feedback to further improve quality of the actual game. This way, they can have a greater chance of satisfying the fan-base -- more specifically us, the hardcore market -- and bring Sonic to the quality they'd we'd like to see it at.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    That does seem like to be the "it" thing now a days for big games to release demos (usually multiplayer) of their games to get feedback for the final product. Halo reach, gears of war 3, and medal of honor are prime examples.

It would be a good idea to get an idea of how generations will play and from that demo give SEGA feedback on what should be fixed or improved. we may be a nagging and nitpicking fanbase but we do bring up good points at times.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hero of Legend over at the SSMB (Who I think has an account here also? I forget...) was at his local Gamestop recently and found out a nice little tidbit in regards to a 3DS Sonic.

http://i55.tinypic.com/14d3qpz.png

(That image doesn't seem to be loading for me right now.)

HOL is a pretty reliable member, so unless this is an odd error on GameStop's behalf, looks like this could very well be covered in the next Nintendo Power issue.

Source: http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/8886-h...581#entry279581

Lots of Sonic love this year.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Time Crisis on the go sounds pretty neato. I hope that list isn't bollocks.
    Haha

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hmm I wonder if instead of generations 3DS being a port if they will include some game gear, advance, and DS levels?

Gamestop is sooooo bad at keeping secrets, arn't they? Just wait for it now when gamestop will put a statement saying its either a unconfirmed or a mislisted product.

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    In b4 it's a glorified 3D Sonic Rush engine like Colors DS was to Colors Wii

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    NOOOOOOOOOOO

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's certainly possible. C.Sonic's gameplay could be like S4 and M.Sonic would be like Rush. Eesh, now that would suck.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The 06 demo was definitely some time around E3 that year - I remember being in Coventry and having to give Mum instructions over the phone how to download it to my 360 because I was afraid it would be gone off the service by the time I got back home later in the week =P

11. serpx

serpx

Haha, okay I had to research the date so we can put this to rest.

Sept. 27, 2006.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/doo...tml?sid=6158911

Full game released on November.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Also, we better see Cubot and Orbot in this game. :colbert:

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yes, and perhaps some Egg Robos as well...

14. Sparks

Sparks

Actually, I'm sure we will in later levels.

15. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

This game got me excited for the Sonic franchise again.

It's gorgeous. The music is fantastic. I like the different styles when played as either Modern or Classic Sonic.

Looking forward to playing this game.

16. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
  17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's been said. I think it's even been said on Retro's front page at this point.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It was the page before the last one. That's what we've been talking about.

19. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Oh ok, very sorry then.

20. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Now, I know I don`t post here much, I've become really more of a active reader than a active poster. But there is something, something I don't know if someone here had pointed that out yet. But Upon watching the Trailers and Gameplay footage, I noticed this little similarity.

Classic Sonic's Gameplay looks like it uses the Physics and Handling of Sonic from Sonic Colours! maybe thats what Ilzuka meant with "uses a different Physics Engine"? This thought struck my mind when I played a few stages of Colours again and came across the Spindash of the Spike Whisp. I saw in one of the Gameplay footages for Generations at least once that, when the Spindash is used, Sonic stops on the spot, he instantly loses all his momentum, he makes the spindash and off he goes. Just like in Sonic Colours with the Spike Whisp.
    Now I will not lean myself out of the window here, it could aswell just be a similarity. But I cannot deny getting a Colours vibe from Classic Sonics gameplay. Which is not a bad thing in my book.
    For example, in Sonic Colours, when you jump on a Badnik and hold the Jump Button, you actually can bounce pretty high just like in the oldy's (from one enemy to the next, then the next and so on). So, there really seems to be truth in the idea of "Sonic Colours being a beta test for something bigger". I dunno who said that, but it seems that he/she was correct.

Now I could be talking trash here, but I thought, write it down, maybe its something interesting afterall. =/
    If its really trash though, just ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.