don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Was their a point to your post or are you just trolling? if there is, let me in on the joke here.

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Godspeed, Aaron. You're living the dream. Live it through and well, and remember us!

3. That would be fucking immense. There's enough leeway in those stages for them to basically do whatever the heck they want with it, but enough character to them that they'd be recognized and welcomed with warm arms - it's sort of remaking an old stage but simultaneously making a brand-new one.

It helps that they've got some of the best music in the Sonic series. Either Chrome Gadget or Endless Mine's music needs to make some sort of cameo appearance in this game, because they're absolutely rocking. It's a shame they'll probably only cash in on the most popular stages of the franchise; ideally I'd like two see somewhere around 10 locations, with 7-ish 'popular' areas and 3 or so 'curveballs' like Chrome Gadget, Amazing Arena or Collision Chaos. A man can dream~

4. nice Aaron! kick some ass with generations.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Remember GHZ from Superstars Tennis?
    [​IMG]
    It looks really similar to what they've done for Generations now, what with the giant totem poles and added details like vines and such. I was so impressed with GHZ in that game, and now just a few years on we have something to put it to shame, and in a real game no less. I'm so happy with what Sonic Team have done so far.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's from this, for reference.

Congrats Ruby on the promotion!

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I was just wondering... Is there really no sign of Flicky and the other small animals in the released pics/videos, so far?

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Alas, no... I'm disappointed by that to be honest. Hopefully there'll be capsules at least.

And slightly more on the news side of things...

Is this worth noting? A demo version of the game has been rated by the OLFC. I'm clueless about the matter. Do demo versions of games for events usually get rated?

9. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    I get the feeling it might be like Dead Rising 2 Case West and the Megaman Legends 3 Prototype Version. A small preview of the game with original content. I mean I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I don't think they'd charge for it if it was just the same demo they've been showing to press.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Well. Only two things I can think of, both being pulled out of my ass.

1. The name of Generations is apparently something that can change, according to the 20th Anniversary Twitter. Perhaps the (DEMO) is referring to the idea that the name can change?

2. WE'RE GETTING A DEMO ON JUNE 23RD OLOL

Obviously goofing around with number 2 here, but I dunno. I don't see why they'd go out of their way to rate a demo that won't see the light of day outside of the press, unless this is something they often do.

EDIT: A quick search at that site reveals that a few demos have been rated. http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/f...]=%28DEMO%29%29 However, these mostly seem to refer to released, playable demos, unless I don't know much about these games.

Hmm...

11. What a weird selection of demos to rate. There doesn't seem to be a unifying theme for them, other than maybe all of them being on physical media. Maybe we'll be seeing a disc release of this?

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Didn't 06 and Unleashed get demos? This doesn't surprise me at all.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Neither of them had demos way before release date though.

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    E3 is right around corner, they might just be builds for the show floor. That's my guess, otherwise I can't believe in the idea that we could be playing the demo this upcoming Summer.

15. serpx

serpx

06 demo came out way before the game released, because I remember being stoked for playing it early, and being confused on why it played so shitty. This on 360, and I believe the demo came out around E3, or some gaming convention, before game release.

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It wouldn't be too farfetched if they wanted to release a demo for the actual date of the 20th anniversary, as it appears Generations is going to be a holiday release. Do want.

17. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    It was around E3 when the demo hit, I remember because I was on vacation and away from my 360 when I saw it was available on the marketplace.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I don't think you have to have your demo rated to show off at E3.

Not to mention the demo was rated in Australia so E3 is irrelevant.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    There's no way it was that soon. That demo popped up right after TGS if I remember correctly. Pretty sure it was in early October, as I downloaded it at my house in Florida. I had to steal a cable from my roommate's bedroom to access XBOX Live (I also had to do this for '06's DLC). During college I spent my summers in Georgia, at my parents' house where I couldn't access Live. I didn't buy a wireless adapter until summer of '07.

I have a weird selective memory. I remember stuff like how my bedroom looked and what Sonic game had just come out/I was currently playing to find dates for stuff.

A summer demo for Generations would be pretty sweet, but highly unlikely. I'm thinking we'll see it, at the earliest, in late October. It could even be after the game's supposed December release though. We'll just have to wait and see.

On a side note, many congrats to Aaron Webber for his prrrrrromotion. You've been (and still are) a real bro, and continue to be an inspiration to any of us little fuckwads who have ever wanted to work at SEGA. Thanks for hanging out with us over the last year or so, it's meant a lot to many (if not all) of us. I hope we still get to see you from time to time, but until then, good luck, and sayonara. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job in your new position.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Who knows. Maybe there will be a demo out early to get feedback on the game. They've been unsual with promoting this title compared to the other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.