don't click here

Metal Sonic Question

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chronix, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronix

Chronix

If sonic cd was before sonic 2, the why did sega use a crappy metal sonic (silver sonic) instead of metalix? are they suposed to be the same thing or differant?
    just a thought.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Because Sonic CD came after Sonic 2 and was made by a completely different team.

3. Chronix

Chronix

oh right sorry. I didn't know that. I just got con fused because of the scd sprite and that image of tails in scd; the "see you next game one" I thought it was made before s2. sorry

4. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    They were being made at the same time, its just they choose to release Sonic 2 before SonicCD

5. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    Well, I'm pretty sure sonic 2 was released first because it was a rushed release to follow through with the demand for Sonic. I think Sonic CD simply took longer to produce, and no one was demanding it faster.

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Sonic needed to be ported to work on Sega CD. Also the Sega CD was delayed into 1993. It's impossible for someone to release a game when there is no one that can buy it. That's why it got delayed. Also Sonic CD sucked in many ways.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Isn't the very early prototype from May 10 1993? And Sonic 2 was released on November 24 1992, wasn't it...?

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea. That's true. But our earliet build have a lot of art and programming finished. It takes more than two months to put together a game like that from scratch.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sure, but... more than six months? =\

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I don't know what was going on, but I never found out about Sonic CD until mid-through 1994. My brother had taken me to a best buy and I saw it. I played the special stage for about 2 seconds (which looked kick ass back then, but sorta like crap [graphics wise anyway] now). My brother said we were leaving so I ran off so I wouldn't be left behind. Were there any commercials for Sonic CD at all? If I had known about it, I would have begged my parents to death because my only love was Sonic way back then.

Now that I think of it, I just remember Sonic 3, S&K, 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure 2 (and 2 Battle), and Heroes Commercials.

I somehow knew that "Save the world or conquer it" commercial was a load of BS. It made SA2 seem cooler than what it really turned out to be. But the realization of being able to play as Eggman, made all the hatred fade away.

I wonder if Metal Sonic is done for good?

11. Chronix

Chronix

I first heard on the SegaCD through the english Sonic the Comic. I really wanted one so I begged my parents for one and I saved up all my money and when I finally had enough I went to Toys R Us (which was the only place you could get them in Derby) and they didn't have one. :) . I was gutted. but then years later I wne on ebay and got a SegaCD + a 32x + 6 games (inc Sonic CD and Knucles Chaotix) all for ?75. Bargin!!!!

Semi Off Topic:
    I actualy felt that Sa2, good as it was, wasn't the best game people said it was. I mean the storyline kicked ass and shadow is one of my favorite characters, but it was too mirrored. hero and dark were exactly the same shadow was a copy of sonic, knuckles was the same as rouge. but the worst one I think was tails/eggman. ok Eggman in a mech, good idea but Tails? it ruined it for him the guy is a fox who can fly that's what he was introduced as, and so far the only thing proper 3D tails levels have been in SA1 and they wern't up to standerd. I did like the ending though, with shadow falling back to earth and the big sacrafice thing was cool. (I know people have said that he died but its obvious he chaos controlled to safety. He felt that he didn't deserve friends because of what he had done so he mad everyone think he was dead. and somewhere along the lines eggmena captures hime copies his dna blah blah blah).

12. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    That is totally unknown. At the end of Heroes, Shadow and E123 Omega are left holding Mecha Sonic on the Egg Battleship (OOOH Customizable naming we have here). I'm sure Sonic Team we find a way to include everyone's favorite machine of destruction.

I don't know what everyone else thinks about this, but I think they should try and redo something with Little Planet again. Sure it may seems dumb, trying to bring back Past, Present and Future levels, but with the hardware we have today, couldn't it all be possible?

One thing that I think could help Sonic Team again is if they bring back one of their greatest achievements, the linking catridges. Sure it may seems stupid, especially with the way they do things nowadays, but it would be kinda cool to see that kind of technology brought back to life.

I don't know, though, I'm just rambling. Any thoughts?

13. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    Linking carts would never happen now, because of the transition to discs (unless it was for a nintendo portable device)

past/present/future stages in 3d sounds decent, actually..

I can't remember that being mentioned anywhere. seems to be your personal opinion more than fact, so shadow could have died, and robotnik's shadow army could just have been robots (how the hell do you make a robot by cloning organic!?!)

14. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    I was hoping when SEGA announced that it was making games for all formats they would either port or re-make S3+K to the GBA, and then release another game with either ports of or re-makes of Sonic 1 and 2 on it. The S3+K cart would have lock on, meaning you could use Knuckles in Sonic 2 and, hopefully, 1. Sadly this never happened, and instead we got the Advance series which isn't too bad.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    [​IMG]
    teeheehee

About MetalSonic being brought back I think they'll do it as long as they feel like it, since it would be so easy to think of any excuse for its return...

16. Kles

Kles

Anyone remember Snes CD? Heheh...

17. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    Yeah, I think it's called the Playstation. :P

On-topic: What's the difference between all the Mecha/Metal/Silver/Whateverthecrap Sonics? There's the one from SCD, and S2, S3&K, Chaotix, Adventure, etc. etc. Are they all the same entity or just different remakes of the same bot?

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I believe each one with different shape has a different name. The one in Sonic 2 is Mecha Sonic, the one in Sonic CD is Metal Sonic, and no idea about the others.

19. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Official name? The one in Sonic 2 is Mecha Sonic? Isn't that rather a fan name made up by Sonic fans?

20. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    The one in Sonic 2 has always been Silver Sonic by the fans. Metal Sonic was in Sonic CD and Mecha Sonic featured in Sonic R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.