don't click here

Sonic Levels Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

What does this mean for the Sonic Universe then? Surely going through time will change the future.

Really looking forward to seeing how the team implement this.

2. Felik

Felik

Oh come on. Storyline will involve modern eggman going back in time to help himself defeat Sonic.
    It will end up M. and C. Sonics will team up to defeat both eggmans, M. Eggman will be sent back to the future, Sonics will shake hands and M. Sonic will return to the future too. The end.

3. dsrb

dsrb

And I highly doubt they'll worry too much about the finer mechanistic and philosophical aspects of time travel! It'll probably be a case of sitting back and not considering the paradoxes inherent in the storyline, lest thy head a splode. (Much like Sonic CD, and it'll certainly beat 2006's effort, I'm sure. :P)

4. Also, potential for Classic Eggman to do a Perfect Chaos and absolutely fucking rape Modern Eggman at the end of the game. It'd be so great if Modern Eggman's secret weapon that turns on him is his younger, more awesome self. Tell me you wouldn't want to see it happen~

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Ohhh yes!

I was irked to hear that Shadow would be in this game, but now I think of it I think it would be AWESOME. Especially if both C. Sonic and M. Sonic are present when he says "I think you're the fake hedgehog around here", then Classic could give a cool little nod to Modern to say "he was talking about you".

6. Felik

Felik

Looks like you guys hate modern designs for the sake of hating.
    None of this will happen because it all is stupid ESPECIALLY C. Eggman turning on M. Eggman.

7. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Wanting to have one of my favorite zones in the game, but also keeping in mind what Ritz said, since he's right about Generations likely taking out what we really liked from each zone, Launch Base Zone could be a good candidate. All of the gimmicks were geared towards speed or didn't inhibit your speed that much. The giant rotating pillar you could go upside down on, those chutes that shot you up at a ninety degree angle, the pods you jumped in that quickly sent you up or down, the few water pipes you had to jump in that sent you to another spot. The only thing they probably wouldn't keep is that red elevator, unless it's made to start moving around once you get in. So yeah, speed's in there, what Iizuka likes. And it's a fairly complex level with a nice mix of wide open and narrow segments you navigate through. And it's got water! There's a lot to work with.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

So that means that the past is altered, right? This game may retcon the previous games! Perhaps not in any real way, but surely the chaacters will be more self-aware of each other.

This is going to be a mind-fuck.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Stupid things never happen in Sonic games do they?

10. Felik

Felik

Not to an extend when the game itself tells you that Classic is superior to Modern.

11. Except when I said about Classic Eggman overtaking Modern Eggman, it wasn't intended as hatred for Modern Eggman (I love Eggman new and old; he's only my favourite character of the series) or to show superiority. Really, it would just be a poke at the trope of Modern Eggman always being outdone and/or manipulated by his associates, such as even being screwed over by his own future/parallel doppelganger in the Rivals series.

Though saying that, it'd definitely appeal to modern haters to see old Eggman triumph over new but that's not actually what I had in mind.

12. I doubt this would happen, but I'd really like to see them put in Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 2. It's not like the levels unknown, it's pretty much one of the most famous scrapped concepts from any game period. Plus it would look spectacular with the updated graphics.

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think they should pick more "obscure" levels, from say, the Master System and Game Gear games.

I just get this feeling that once you move into Dreamcast territory, the "updates" will become less noticable. Like for example, Sonic Adventure 2's City Escape - you can introduce more polygons and have fancy texutre/lighting effects, but it probably won't look a whole lot different than the Dreamcast version. It's difficult to reimagine something in 3D... when it was already in 3D. They can do it, but it won't look much like City Escape anymore.

I also think they should dip into obscure territory on the basis that they probably won't. It'll probably be Sonics 1, 2, 3&K only when it comes to the "classic" games, which are fine... but, it would be far more interesting to see something fairly primitive such as Gigapolis be radically updated.

14. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    When it passes into SA and SA2, obviously, the focus would be on C.Sonic being unfamiliar with it, since it would then be in his future, but M.Sonic's past. The stages would no longer be recreating C.Sonic zones, but making C.Sonic zones that he's NEVER been in before, while keeping them relatively similar for modern sonic, while still modifying them for the Unleashed gameplay.

15. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Wouldn't that defeat the point of the game. This game is just one huge nostalgia trip. Some people may appreciate the weirder levels, but the general public isn't going to have fond memories of Gigapolis, they are going to be wanting something more front-line like Radical Highway.