don't click here

S3K Tails Only areas

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tribeam, Apr 13, 2011.

1. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Sonic can reach the path. The only thing he can't do is get past that spike wall, but there's a way around it by going a level below, then up again and with the help of a electric / bubble shield. In AIZ1 there's a bunch of item boxes that only Tails can get.

One of the MGZ routes, I know it's possible to get with Sonic at least until a point. I've ended up there more than once and often forget there's a pit somewhere by backtracking to the "left" and once Sonic falls tjere, he can only get out with the help of Tails. I'm not sure which one is though. MGZ is not a level I like to lose time with.

Zone 0 has maps with many of these routes mapped out.

2. Yeah thats the drawback to all of this. I now have to redo my Let's Play. :) Oh well. In the LP, I did get to the high area in Sandopolis that someone spoke of.

3. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Actually, I've gotten out of there alive - I think I either used the lightning shield, or used Hyper Sonic... I'm sure without Hyper Sonic [just the lightning shield] you can easily time your jump to get out.

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Just tried out DEZ1. Holy crap, after all these years a part of S3K I had never seen! Cuts the level by quite a large margin, and is challenging to boot. I like this.

Don't think getting out of it with Sonic and a lightning shield is possible though. Going to try later, but it looks like too high an exit.

5. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Tried it, you're right.

6. Adrian Tepez

Adrian Tepez

There is also a shortcut that only Tails can take in FBZ1. Near the beginning, when you first reach the platforms outside, go to the very last platform right before the booster. Tails can fly underneath the ship and just barely reach the other side.

Here's a video of mike89's live Tails run where he pulls it off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-TEZQO0ac&#t=4m30s

The secret is to bump yourself on the ceiling so that Tails maintains faster horizontal speed than he normally would. There is almost no room for error, but if you learn how it works then it's not that hard to perform it consistently. Very nice time saver for speed runs.

Also, the DEZ1 path can still be done with Sonic, but only if Tails flies you up the shaft at the end (naturally). Very useful.

7. Vangar

Vangar

All of the MGZ2 areas can be reached with Sonic with that flying disc thing. I just tried it, heh.

8. Felik

Felik

oh my god those spikes can be moved????????????
    And there is a SS there?????????

Fuck, this game is beyond awesomeness

Edit: Well I knew abut that SS. I just always thought that it can only be reached from the other side.

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    And I knew it was time for yet another mindfuck in the MD games... :psyduck:

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I didn't know about that Tails-only path in FBZ, I am now speechless :O

But yeah the moveable spikes are old news.

11. Spatula

Spatula

too cool for old school Member
    Knuckles can get to all of those areas in Flying Battery. That's how I originally found them.

I knew about the low path in the Death Egg. It's a dead-end trap for Sonic, but I usually do go that way with Tails. There are definitely paths I didn't know about until earlier this year though, and the game came out 16 years ago, and I must've beaten it hundreds of times...