don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Now if only the words were higher res, this would be perfect! :D

2. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Fuck. Just as I was thinking of posting something exactly like this, someone else goes and does it. Wow. Nice. :v:

I'll still post the one I did anyway....

[​IMG]

3. serpx

serpx

I found this enjoyable. I watched a playthrough of the first act on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7WBt9v6yA
    Then rewatched the Generations gameplay: http://youtu.be/Wuj-6T_ymqg

Immediately you can tell how much faster the developers made thing in the 2D sector, even though it was already obvious. I'd love to see a video composed after game release that montages the original classic levels to the new designed levels.

4. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I motion to totally have Sonic Retro's logo replaced now.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Only if the game is actually good. :colbert:

But then again it's not my site, so I don't have a say in the matter.

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I think it deserves to be up on an honorary "so far so good" basis. But if Generations turns out to be wank, then it can be taken the fuck down!

7. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Game sucking or not, its a high res CG image of Classic Sonic regardless.

8. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Well, after seeing some works here, like Wallpapers and Sonic Retro's 'new' Logo... I must admit that I got a little creative. I know that this topic isn't for showing work or whatsoever, but it's Generations related and I really liked the final look.

It's nothing fancy, just some photoshop basics.

<div align='center'>[​IMG]</div>

The original image it's a little bit bigger than I expected to be, so... Click on the thumbnail to see it full resolution. :)

9. You know what?

Those 2D segments with classic Sonic look like what I always pictured a Sonic game to look like if Nintendo were to obtain the rights and make a Sonic game... and that's a compliment!

10. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Just occurred to me:

Remember how fast you thought you were going in Chemical Plant Zone when you rolled down that long tube?

Imagine how fast it'll feel in Unleashed speed. Whoooaa. My ten year old self would have crapped his pants.

What if you have to relive certain boss fights throughout the 'eras' in the game, but with a twist? Since Shadow's been confirmed to be in the game, SA2's Final Chase comes to mind.

Then I thought: Classic Sonic Vs Shadow. I imagine a lot of Retrofags will get a lot of satisfaction out of spindashing through Shadow with Classic. :P Hah, I could see Modern trying to tell him to use Chaos Control, and then realizing how impossible that is since he doesn't talk. So Classic just chucks the emerald at Shadow's head instead. (He's thinking, hey, it's cool, I can just grab another one anytime from the Special Zone. :specialed: ) Hilarity ensues.

That's the kinda shit I wanna see in this story, a lot of lamp shade hanging, humor, general light heartedness, and poking fun at the series a little. This is Fanservice: The Game after all. :v:

11. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
  12. Retroman

Retroman

What if you can unlock pudgy shadow playing classic levels? *Shudder*

But I really can't wait for retro tails, retro robotnik and retro knux to be shown! Bloody hell, I hope they got it right this time! So far I am really impressed and this game exceeds my expectations! Nice touches here and there, I hope they continue that thing.

Modern Sonic doesn't look impressive, not a fan of the boost gameplay. I like a 3D-Puzzle-Adventure Layout (No puzzles, mind you) and some action moves apart from boosting, linear levels that requires homing dash etc. I would like some moves like mid-air kick, 'sonic-boom' using spin-dash, whirlwind, punches/tackles but not remove that mechanic totally, just mix it up a little. On-top of that, I am optimistic. More open worlds like that Sonic Colllection game for Saturn. Maybe add a few unlockables like unseen information, easter eggs etc etc and some nice extras to entice the players.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    To be fair, Cinossu's wasn't really a good base to start with. It had a very awful blur around the entire edge. The outline was too blurry for my taste as well.

It was annoying me so I did my own transparent version starting from the original image.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    What I love about this game so far is how they make the background and the scenery look like part of the level.
    Such as here:
    [​IMG]
    There is an S-Tunnel (admittedly leading to/from nowhere) and also a bit of ground that looks like it could be part of the level. This sort of thing really helps me relate to the rest of the world, instead of it being just a thin strip of earth in the middle of the sea.

@Chimpo nice job!

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    [​IMG]
    That looks pretty cool.

I wonder if it's the level's hub, with the areas you can visit becoming increasingly colored.

16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Five acts? Assuming one is a boss, that's four stages per Sonic.

Lots of gameplay here!

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They're not indications of acts. They're red rings, like in Colours.
    [​IMG]

18. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    Oh man, I am not really a fan about these red rings. But I can deal with it.

I hope they don't came with the stupid idea of *ugh* hot-dog missions, I've got tendinitis in my left thumb trying to do these missions (because I have ADHD I have to try almost 100 times each zone before I got each trophy), now I can't do anymore the hot-dog missions without pain medicine before I try the last 3 trophies in Unleashed :(

19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Not sure if it was mentioned before either, but Sega put up some high quality screenshots and artwork on their press site. No water marks, etc. These are probably the highest quality you can get right now.

http://www.multiupload.com/F1NSYI5PE6

20. Have we had any confirmation of who the other characters are? Tails and Knuckles are pretty much guaranteed, and I think that Amy, Espio, Charmy and Vector may make an appearance, both in Classic and modern forms.

If they were to include newer characters Like Shadow, Blaze or Rouge, I wonder if they will get a new Retro design too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.