don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't really see a difference. What outline? What changed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the outline at first, it blends in with the brown.

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The gauge was probably full at the start due to the fact that it is a "demo" of sorts, to show it off. The final version will most likely have it be empty at the start.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I have a few possibilities about the boost:

1. Upon new game or load, the boost is empty, but any boost gained in one level carries over to the next (like Challenge Mode in Colors), and the player may have had a full Boost meter from the last level.
    2. The boost may be full on the onset of each level.
    3. It's just a debug feature that was activated in order to show off the boost right from the start.

When I watched the video, I could've sworn they didn't go the Unleashed route and give you boost for everything ring you get, but rather limit boost to just getting it from defeating enemies. But I could be wrong. Psyched either way.

Also, anyone else notice badniks in the game instead of those Egg Pawns like we've been getting? Of course, it's to be expected since this is a Classic Sonic throwback (which is gaining a lot more praise than the last throwback), but still, it's a neat touch for people who wanted to see them make a return.

4. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Nope. It's with every ring.

Damnit, SEGA, why not just have the boost ALWAYS available if you're gonna make it ring powered?

5. Gardow

Gardow

... In the very first level?

Personally, I think it's just to show off the boost.

6. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    So I tried to replicate the leaked box art using the stuff we've gotten

[​IMG]

Some stuff is off center and whatever but I did my best. :ohdear:

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Rings definitely fill the gauge up. I watched very closely to find. And yeah, the fact that this game has Badniks is awsome. A little odd that they indiscriminately use the designs from Colours, but it's not a bad thing. They still look great. I only hope that they behave like the original versions- Crabmeats should shoot glowing orbs instead of rockets, and Buzzer should move around instead of hover in place.

@ Blaze: Nice job.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    A throwback to NiGHTS perhaps? NiGHTS had dynamic music depending on how happy the nightopians were in each level.

The entirety of Sonic CD. They added to the gameplay, as using them correctly was the most efficient way to time travel. Particularly in Stardust Speedway, and Quartz Quadrant (the tubes which changed direction based on the conveyor belts).

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Hey, Cinossu, I liked your idea of an outline, I hope you don't mind, but I cleaned it up a little :)

[​IMG]

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That looks really good. I'm expecting the final box art to look pretty close to this.

11. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I also like that box art a lot, looks very offical. Well done Blaze.

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    What would it look like with a Megadrive/Genesis cover black and grey checker pattern in the background instead of that white blue gradient?

13. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    So, have we discussed possible boss gameplay yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing how bosses are done, considering we've got two Sonics to play around with and thus two completely different boss fight styles.

I'm hoping for all new Eggrobos at the very least. I don't want anymore Sonic 4-style boss repeats, I want fresh boss bots.

14. Vitiman

Vitiman

I myself am curious what the Special Stages would be like. I never enjoyed the Sonic 2 stages (which will most likely be brought back because SEGA loves those stages for some demonic reason), and the Sonic 1 stages were too easy. I think the best balance of challenge and fun was definitely Sonic 3's stages. Those were fun imo. Seriously, if SEGA were to bring those back, I would love this game forever solely because of that. Those stages never get any love D:

15. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    [​IMG]

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I personally think Classic Sonic should have Special Stages, and Modern should have some other method, perhaps hidden within the stages like Medals in Unleashed? Y'know, the really tough ones. I like the look of that box art and love the mega drive style background on the second one there. Hope it ends up similar!

17. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    I'd love to see special stages from multiple places throughout Sonic's history. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, hell, even throw in some CD and 3D Blast style special stages (it'd be really neat if we got one special stage styled after 3D Blast on Saturn and one styled after 3D Blast on Genesis/Mega Drive).

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I just realized, if Generations was released on the Wii, then that would make it Classic Sonic's first ever appearance on a Nintendo console. This is the Sonic who was Mario's fiercest rival don't forget, so maybe Sega felt weird about allowing Classic Sonic on the Nintendo. If Nintendo get their own exclusive Sonic this year, it will likely be a Modern Sonic game like Colors.

19. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Virtual Console says no.

It's nice to see the Classic remix mixing the original synthesizers with newer ones, but does Modern Sonic really need a song with generi-horns and a generi-guitar?

The camera for the "Classic" stage looks like it works like the one in Sonic CD, which is nice.

20. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    (Personal preference) Sold! XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.