don't click here

Sonic X - Available Uncut by 4Kids on Hulu and Youtube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

Do tell.

2. http://www.streamtransport.com/

The thing runs a bit buggy and it doesn't seem to rip the subtitles, but it works and is freeware.

For the Sonic X vids, make sure the res is set to 480p. Unfortunately, it'll look a bit jaggy even at that resolution - Mendinso told me 4Kids didn't de-interlace these right.

Also, the Chaotix episode has no Cheese Gag Credits. I am disappoint. aw, well...

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, I tired that and it doesn't seem to work. The page won't load.

4. Urban Flow

Urban Flow

Music/Rap Junkie
    Queens, New York
    Emcee/Producer
    I will watch it later on but I wish they would release it on DVD.

5. Anyone else having issues?

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
  7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  8. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
  9. Shwazoom

Shwazoom

^^^TIME STONE^^^
    Middle of Iowa
    Sonic Walkthroughs & Playthroughs on YouTube
    I kind of liked this series until Chris turned into a *****...........

10. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Giving this a bump up. 4Kids has announced that they will be streaming the remainder of Sonic X Subtitled (Episodes 53+) starting on April 1st. I assume we'll see these episodes on a weekly basis, like past releases.

On Youtube, 4kids has uploaded up to episode 39. Not sure if the rest will be uploaded at any given time.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    You mean in english or japanese with subs?

great news if its japanese w/ subs we have been needing decent quality eps of those versions for awhile. tell me, are these episodes 4kids air raw, uneditied versions or are there edits? its been awhile so I've forgot.

12. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Whoops. Forgot to mention, these are subtitled versions. They've already uploaded the dub episodes for this set.

As to answer your question. There are edits, but this is NOT the fault of 4Kids. It's pretty much as uncut as TMS Entertainment gave 4Kids the series.

13. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    You know I wonder if 4kids ever considered the reason why signs and text are blanked is so that they could rotoscope their own English text. That's one edit I would be all in favor of.

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Wait, so the release TMS gave 4Kids actually has the blank-text stuff and 4Kids could just never be bothered to put in their own? :psyduck:²

15. WOOOOOOOOOO! I absolutely can't wait. I really loved the show after watching the first 52 episodes - Japanese w/subs of course. Ignoring SatAM, I think it's the best video game based cartoon evar. /fanboy

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well the french versions are unedited correct?

I remember an old project someone started waaaay back on s0nicfreak's tracker. He or she was going to splice japanese audio with french episodes and I think softsub them. but some episodes were suck in the audio quality department so it was abandoned.

Hey, can the hulu episodes be ripped? I never seen epsodes 53+ mainly because I was die hard about watching them in japanese and I HATED the 4kids unrefined voices at the time.

@wazkatango: Fanboi indeed.

17. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Yup. TMS do this to the companies edit the text and made them more local... but apparently, they didn't give in the masters what was wrote originally. For example, here in Brazil, a video company is releasing Saint Seiya the Lost Canvas which is produced by TMS and they already send the text blanked or in English - and it's editable. They also removed the Eyecatchs here.

The french version is Unedited and still have blank signs. Here's a shot of Episode 39 from the DVD, this scene was cut by 4KIDS.

[​IMG]

If my memory doesn't trick me, originally was write:

"I promise to return it.
    -Espio"

18. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    I don't usually watch Sonic cartoons and in fact I have seen Sonic X English dub on T.V. before and hated it, however the Japanese voice actors and characters just felt better as they should being the original cast for the show. Alright so, after watching the first 22 episodes in Season one of Sonic X in Japanese w/ subs all in one sitting I must say. This show started out great, I absolutely loved all the 4th wall breaking by the cast of the characters as well as the likeable jokes. This one has got to be hands down one that had me laughing for a few minutes.
    [​IMG]

Episodes 1-5 held large amounts of possibilities for a good long-lasting story with Sonic & friends + - hiding from the government and (US?) officials as well as dealing with Robotnik.   Though, after that the show fell into a reoccurring theme and here is my breakdown of seven episodes.

Five out of seven of the episodes seems to fall into one category, Robotnik is chilling somewhere unaware of where Sonic & friends are and is oddly enough chilling very close to them in the end. Robotnik finds them, gets pissed and sends one of his goofy ass robots after them, which is fine. A battle takes place of decent entertainment and then all of a sudden Sonic dispatches the robot and Robotnik pulls a team rocket... Now this would be fine except, IT DOESNT STOP! It can go on like this for five episodes in a row and then the 6thish one after that somebody will find a chaos emerald, Robotnik gets pissed, summons a huge robot and then gets beaten and pulls a team rocket again, runs away with or without the chaos emerald, usually without.
    [​IMG]
    See the theme here? There seems to be no cause to keep the viewers attention, though I am aware it is targeted for a younger audience but you would think some plot devices would be present. The seventh episode in a seven episode time period would usually be a grab-bag episode, where something happens to Sonic or friends that has little to nothing to do with Robotnik, such examples are Episode 7, Episode 14 and Episode 21. The only thing that holds my attention currently is Chris's mysterious teacher who is clearly working for a secret agency although theres no real clarification that he will actually do anything besides tag along for the ride.

With that being said I do have some hopes for this series, + - Episode 17 Knuckles! Clenched Fists of Anger held some serious ground for a longer lasting story. Robotnik shows his new invention off and uses holograms as a new way to still be a part of the action and taunt his enemies when he can. This new ninja robot actually felt like a formidable enemy giving Rouge a karate chop and then proceeding to completely fuck shit up with a large ball and chain and surely couldn't be destroyed in one episode now could it? Well, I was wrong. The damn thing is defeated at the last second and after that episode Robotnik doesn't even use the holograms anymore... It's like that episode shouldn't have even existed the way it was played out. Another episode I will give a shout out to is Episode 19: Ghosts of the Old Castle. This one was pretty dark and those possessed people had faces that scared the hell out of me the first time I saw it. As the episode played at some points I felt I was watching Inuyasha's villain Naraku pull some of his creepy ass puppet master shit, one to give you shivers for sure if you get into it, and you know what? I loved every second of it. I even felt they could have stretched that pissed off unknown ghost into at least 5 episodes two of which being terror and that ghost giving Sonic & friends hell but still being evadable and then the other three be figuring out what its weaknesses are, as well as battling and defeating it which would have been a fine time frame for a single villain, but was it executed that way? NO!!!! :argh: The damn ghost was defeated in the episode and sealed back up never to be referenced again.  

I guess I'm ranting a bit much for such a simple question, I am curious. Will this cartoon show fall out of this trend of boring reoccurring themes or is Robotnik going to create some kind of super robot that isn't so easily destroyed and starts to rain mayhem? Perhaps Sonic will be made an outlaw and hunted by the army for a new characters actions (Cough SA2B Cough) I don't ask that you spoil it for me, I just need to know if this show is still worth watching for a decent story? (Which I'm hoping it will as it can be very enjoyable at times) Or is it going to stay in this theme of, Everybody loves Sonic all around the world and he defeats Robotnik EVERY SINGLE EPISODE without any in-depth long-lasting plot development what so ever.

TL;DR Will Sonic X ever fall out of the reoccurring theme of a single enemy approaching and being defeated every episode or will a more in-depth story be told?

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The Sonic Adventure and SA2 arcs are pretty good, if you got this far in Sonic X you'll probably enjoy them. I did and I didn't have subs when I saw them =P

20. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

To be fair that same mechanic can be used to describe AoSth, granted however the latter was at least slightly more innovative about it (AoSth Robotnik used time travel, growth/shrink rays an even a femme fetale badnik to seduce Sonic at points, Sonic X Eggman tended to just start endless mech battles with Sonic). Not to mention AoSth Sonic was at least more emotional and fallible a hero allowing for some amount of gripping conflict. He was still bumbling and comical but AoSth Robotnik did actually provide a proper threat and actually got under Sonic's skin at times. Sonic X Sonic vs Eggman usually failed to be that entertaining, largely because Sonic was so dull and untouchable their bouts usually lasted all of a forgettable five seconds, leaving a remaining twenty minutes or so to focus on his life with (or through) Chris.