don't click here

SonicGDK 1.30.000

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Xaklse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Preview Release 4 is up; check first post for more details.

YOU NEED THE LAST VERSION OF DIRECTX RUNTIME (JUNE 2010) TO PLAY

- Download links:
    DepositFiles / HotFile / MegaUpload / RapidShare / Uploading / ZShare

- What's new:
    * Sonic's most special moves.
    * Smashing system.
    * Pushing system.
    * Reverse world gravity.
    * Damage system.
    * Spikes.
    * Bumpers.
    * Drowning system.
    * Giant air bubbles.
    * Dropped & magnetic rings.
    * Shields with moves.
    * Better Sonic physics and 2.5D.
    * Many code improvements and minor changes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aToPiy5URMA?rel=0&amp;hd=1" target="_blank">YouTube HD Video</a>

HELP is needed:
    - Full static 3D model of a classic star post, correctly UV mapped and with its textures. Done with any program as long as it can be exported to 3dsmax. Credits will be given, of course.
    - Feedback from all of you about gamepad handling; the code is still evolving and without your opinions I can't make it better.

This is the core list of suggestions/criticism that I have taken into account when improving the old code; I'd like to hear from the original forum posters about what do they think now after playing the new release.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Just tried it out, and it feels a lot better on the main 2 complaints I had before. The 2.5d section feels much tighter to control than last time too.

For the gamepad it feels like the analog stick sensitivity is a bit too high. If your deadzone is off by a small amount Sonic starts walking pretty easily.

3. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Sigh, as usual an UE3 game refuses to work well with my gamepad (logitech cordless rumblepad 2) it inverts the left analog stick and messes up some of the button mappings, it's not your fault though, it happens with every UE3 game :argh:, had to use a 360 controller emulator.

If you could do something about it though, that would be awesome :v:

As for the gamepad feedback, you could increase the sensitivity on the left and right triggers, the camera turns way too slow using those (the 360 controller emulator defaults the triggers to max pressure when using normal buttons), the ability to exit out of a roll without having to jump would be welcome too (like SA1... without the spindash overpoweredness)

4. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Tried playing it, but it says I'm missing "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll." Anyone got a download of that or something? I kind of don't want to risk downloading it off of some site I don't know about.

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

6. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Yeah, the analog deadzone is a bit too low. With my Xbox 360 controller, getting Sonic to come to a complete stop sometimes was a bit of a chore.

Dashing around with the fire shield is a lot of fun. I almost wish the air dash was replaced with the flameshield dash. Dashing off the edge of the world is fun because it almost looks like Sonic is flying.

It crashed on me as I was coming out of the water, though. I think a fluke crash happened in Release 3 doing the same thing. Probably just my old graphics card. I need to get my new stuff put in...

8. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Thanks, works like a charm now :v: I guess it'll be easier if you put that in your first post/readme file so idiots like me can't miss it later :specialed:

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

Well, I thought I had it installed. Guess I was wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to play this still. I opened the program more than 10 minutes ago, and it doesn't seem to respond at all. Guess my computer's a bit on the outdated side or something.

10. Andeed

Andeed

Holy pug in a pizza box... Member
    Wales, UK
    Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
    First, download and install (if you haven't already) install the latest runtime from the Microsoft website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...6a-9b6652cd92a3

If that doesn't work, download the missing library from this website:
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-file...?d3dcompiler_43
    The website is pretty reliable; I've used it many times, although I would recommend some form of anti-virus software...
    Extract the DLL file and place it in the C:/Windows/System32 folder.
    Then, open a command prompt, type in:
    regsvr32 d3dcompiler_43.dll
    Reboot your system and try running the program again.

11. Jay T.

Jay T.

I checked my C Drive, and the file is there. I tried the second option as well, but it says it may not be compatible with the Windows I'm using or something. I honestly don't know what's going on here...

12. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    My PS2 gamepad won't work at all.=/ Other than that, this pretty awesome, a setup up from from your other revisions.
    By the way, I maybe be able to take you up on that help wanted about the star post. Although, I would need to know the dimensions of the Sonic model you used.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Do you have 64-bit Windows 7? Because I'm running into the exact same problem.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I also have Windows 7 64 bit. I do not have that problem at all.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Might be a corrupt installer? I'm on W7 64 here and I had no issues.

16. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I'll gladly make the Star Post for you.

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, it said I didn't have all the DX9c stuff for running it, so I went and downloaded it all. When that happened, it said I needed that .dll. I used both methods in Andeed's post, but with no prevail. I even ran "regsvr32 d3dcompiler_43.dll", with it saying:
    Yeah, looks like running this on a laptop is screwed, until further instructions that is.

18. Jay T.

Jay T.

Yeah. Pretty much what they said. Running Windows 7 64 Bit, but on my Desktop computer.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yea, you'll probably get to it before I do.

20. Andeed

Andeed

Holy pug in a pizza box... Member
    Wales, UK
    Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
    Try copying it into SysWOW64 as well as System32 (both in the Windows folder)