don't click here

In-game continuity errors?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheLazenby, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I used to think that Mecha Sonic (S3&K) was an upgraded Metal Sonic (Sonic CD). I still like to think that way sometimes, because he just looks far more menacing than Metal Sonic. It's his lack of simulated eyes. I feel like, within a storyline, Sonic and Co. could reason with Metal Sonic because he has eyes. Mecha Sonic just has a visual scanning reticule like a mofo Cylon. He's there to fuck your shit up and that's final.

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    But that is irrelevant, since we are talking about continuity errors. The plot of Sonic 4 works fine, and the quality of the game doesn't affect this. Not sure what you're getting at here...

3. IdoSC

IdoSC

The plot is mostly minor on the 2D games either way. The continuity in quality is definitely important on the other hand. The familiar zones and villains in HD graphics make the game feel like a homage, while the major descent in difficulty and the physics' inconsistency make it feel like the game was made for the younger audience or something. It's just too inconsistent with the original games and inconsistency defines continuity errors.

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    But that isn't a story continuity error. What you said is like saying Sonic Adventure is erroneous story-wise, because it's in 3D. Say what you want about the quality and/or physics of the game, but the story fits fine.

5. I feel like story wise Sonic 4 was a step back, in Sonic 3 & Knuckles you were fed a little story with the in-between level cutscenes, where as Sonic 4 just feels like Sonic's doing the same shit he did in the first game. Unless we're going by South Park logic I.e. reruns are possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.