don't click here

SA:DX on Steam?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by xcliber, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcliber

xcliber

I couldn't find a thread on it yet so...
    First thing to pop up when I opened Steam today was "Dreamcast Collection".

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7522/

The other games don't interest me, but I went ahead and bought Sonic Adventure: DX. The teaser trailer mentioned something about being in HD, though it's likely just the regular PC version with support for widescreen. Anyone else notice/buy it yet?

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Widescreen? More like borders to me (like the 360/PS3 release), but I'd be surprised if they legitimately added support. It's easy to hack in widescreen resolutions anyway.

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
  4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I tried a non-steam version of the dreamcast collection, it's the same as the Xbox Live one.

Refer to this thread for more details

5. xcliber

xcliber

Yup, I feel ripped off now.

CriWare logo crosses the screen in 1280x720 windowed mode, then the game comes up with boarders and the game appears in an 800x600 box, but the graphics still appear to be 640x480. It won't let me set it to fullscreen either.

6. Darn, I was excited for a minute there.

I could just pirate the slightly better original PC version, or download the 360 version, and I probably would if I didn't already have the GameCube version.

7. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    So... this is like a lazy port of a lazy port of a port of a terrible port of a goodish game? :psyduck: Well whatever then. I'll already have the goodish game, the terrible port, the port of said terrible port, and the lazy port of that port, so I think I'm good.

8. I'm really surprised SEGA have been that lazy to port the Xbox versions of these already Ports, but then again,. I believe SEGA is in that much of a state these days that porting a port of a port would seem like a good idea to them.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually I'm shocked they bothered with that, since they already have a PC version. That's the fucked up part

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    So, SEGA ported the PC version of SA:DX to Xbox 360, making it shittier in the process, then ported it back to PC, even though they started with a PC version in the first place.

what?

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Don't forget that they made it even shittier in the 360 to PC port process, the new PC version doesn't have leaderboards and looks crappier unless you have a CRT or a 1280x720 screen, even then it looks like crap. :colbert:

Honestly, I'm baffled that they would do this, it's like SEGA wanted to go the extra mile, pretty much everyone now is making console ports, so now SEGA takes it further and makes a console port of a PC port of a console port of a console port.

As I said earlier, they could have just rereleased the original SADX PC and everyone would go "Ah, this is the usual SEGA" and be done with it.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Is the Steam version pre "addon" or post "addon". (fake Dreamcast version or actual DX without the Game gear games?)

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I think it's DX without the GG games.

14. Well, I just remembered I had 400 MS points left over from my last purchase, so I bought the 360 version.

Glad I didn't pay for this one. At least the 360 version has some achievements... This port appears to have no redeeming factors.

15. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow, what a waste. It's just a cheap cash-in on Steam users who happen to have played Dreamcast games.

16. Added to Wiki Fyi.

And yes this does seem like just another cash-in. :(

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hey SEGA, you wanna make money off Steam users?

Sonic 4.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I take it that this version can't be modded, eh?

19. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It can be, but you would need to figure out all the new offsets and such seeing as the models are code are all in new positions.

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I think they're afraid of people hacking the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.