don't click here

What happens?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Galvatron, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    I was just checking through some old cheat books I have and remember about this. Has anyone managed to get Sonic to get the invincibility monitor? (I take it that it is refering to the one in the first Act of the Green Hill Zone in one of the trees) I could never do t and still can't now. Just what does happen that is "special"?

Attached Files:

2. Miles3298

Miles3298

It's all bullcrap. Holding those disables the jump, he doesn't speed worth crap. The "special" stuff would have been found by a hacker already if that was true.

EDIT:I have proof that it's bullcrap. =P

3. hunterex2000

hunterex2000

Searching for the answers... Often running into br Member
    East of England
    Trying to stop smoking... Sweet, sweet nicotine.
    I remember trying that as a kid. I could never get the damn monitor to save my life. So holding A, B and C disables the jump does it? Why? What's the point?

4. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    I remember doing that. If you held the buttons it would screw Sonic up and he would run around in strange directions. Other than that it's pretty useless.

5. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    *raises hand* I get the Invinciblility monitor often. You just have to take a long, running leap and you should almost always get it. Nothing special happens except well...you're invincible. :P

6. Are you reffering to the one towards the end of GHZ Act 3? I can get that one too, just get a running speed, and jump right before the hill begins to slope down.

7. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Because someone on the sonic team had a GSOH, and thought it funny at the idea that sonic was killed by the first enemy you come across...Motobug. :lol: *SHOT*

....other then, I have no idea..

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    It's in that tree right before eggman, right? That's how I always beat eggman there. I be invincible. Then I win in like four seconds.

9. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Indeed I am. Takes some practice at first but then after that, as lostgame said, you can beat Eggman in a couple of seconds.

10. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    The "cheat" was refering to the first invincibility monitor you come across in the first act of the Green Hill Zone. The demonstration never goes to act 3. Pressing those 3 buttons does not disable jumping, either. Sonic will normally jump but in strange ways, like jumping straight upward for no reason.

11. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    Sorry for the double post, but I've just tried to do this cheat on version 2 and it doesn't work in any way. Looks like they removed it.

12. Kles

Kles

Galvatron: Use the edit button next time. As for the "cheat," I really do think it's a bug, not a cheat. Just seems like a programming oversight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.