don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Secret Bonus, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    What I'm wondering is what'll happen to the Chaos Emeralds between episodes. Will he keep them? Will they get knocked out of him? Would seem a bit messed for him to lose the emeralds at several points in the SAME game (at the start of each episode basically).

2. That's why I'm really hoping for Super Emeralds, or something like that. But they're probably doing what you said, which is pretty cheap. Then again, I can't think of any other way to make it work without drastically changing the game format. (Which Sonic 4 is trying to avoid)

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Maybe they'll do a repeat of Sonic 3's intro - have Sonic get them knocked out of him and stolen.

4. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Yeah but, multiple times in Sonic 4 as a whole? Over seperate games makes more sense but at different points of the same one seems a bit over the top to me.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Episode 1 - Sonic obtains the chaos emeralds
    Episode 2 - Winds up losing them to Metal Sonic, gets them back
    Episode 3 - Eggman hijacks all seven, leaving you emeraldless the whole game.
    Episode 4 - ...um... Master Emerald...? Screw it.

6. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Lol just visualizing that in either a animated form or as the actual game makes me laugh. That would be so horrible XD I hope they come up with a good idea to accommodate the emeralds so its not like that or just collecting them again for no reason each episode. This never crossed my mind until now, I wonder if Sega have it all planned out already.

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Someone bookmark this. I'll bet that Metal Sonic ends up taking them.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Actually, I'd laugh if they pull a Sonic 2 MS/GG and have Tails in the opening, then remove him from the rest of the game until you save his worthless behind at the end.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Man, they find new an interesting ways for Samus to lose all her powerups in Metroid every time, I'm sure they can dream some up for Sonic 4. =P

And I'd like to pre-emptively emphasise Gene's statement earlier about not turning this topic into a shitfest - I DO have a banhammer and it will be wielded where necessary.

10. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    I'm not very in the know of Metroid (despite my last name being Ridley, lawl XD), but isn't that again between games and not in the same one?

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The point does stand, though.

12. TheBalishChannel

TheBalishChannel

A skull raft, nothing below me but boiling lava.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 1 / CD Sonic sprites & pallete in Sonic The Hedgehog 2, no Tails.
    In all honesty, I'm expecting the physics to stay the same because I remember reading a post on SEGA forums that stated a perfectly logical explanation as to why the physics were completely wrong in the first place. Forgive me, I don't remember the fellow's name, but I believe this is what he said, "Due to the harsh reviews regarding the port of Sonic 2 on the iPhone, (critics agreed it was hard to control.) SEGA made the physics more stiff so it felt you had more control over him. After all, the iPhone has NO joystick/buttons." What this means is, in order for Episode II to be released, they would have to kill off the iPhone version, or give the console version fixed physics while retaining the same for the iPhone. This would most likely stir up some hatin' from the fanboys over on iPhone though right? I don't know. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Ken Balough himself said that Sonic 4 was not initially developed with the iPhone in mind.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's been pretty much confirmed Sonic 4 was built for consoles first and that the iPhone version is a port of that. The physics don't suck because of the iPhone version.

15. TheBalishChannel

TheBalishChannel

A skull raft, nothing below me but boiling lava.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 1 / CD Sonic sprites & pallete in Sonic The Hedgehog 2, no Tails.
    Huh... Well then scrap what I just said then :specialed:! I hope SEGA listens to the fans a little more carefully with this one.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Aren't they already? I thought that part of the problem was precisely that they were too similar to the physics in the DS games.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It all depends on SEGA of Japan. America and Europe have been awesome with taking in feedback, but it's the stubborn higher-ups at Japan who haven't been listening. Hopefully SOA and SOE can talk some sense into SOJ. To me, that's the breakthrough that Sonic 4 needs the most.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    BAWW!
    GREEN EYES!
    PHYSICS!

Anywho, I'm looking forward to Episode 2 as Episode 1 was a fun day (That means I got the 200/200 in a day and never looked back).

19. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Metal Sonic uses the time stones throwing him and Sonic back in time. Sonic returns to his classic state.....

[​IMG]

20. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Alright, here's an idea -

Episode 1 - Start with no emeralds, get all of them
    Episode 2 - You lose your emeralds, have to get them back
    Episode 3 - Start with all your emeralds, super emeralds are introduced in this game, you have to get the super emeralds
    Episode 4 - ?????? + - inb4 "profit"  

So for at least the first 3 episodes, emerald problem solved, if you can look past losing them at the start of Episode 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.