don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    We're not talking about Black Doom. We're talking about Robotnik. =P

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You still pop badniks to free Wisps though, and Yacker turns the Nega Wisps back to normal.

3. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I thought you were going to say "so let's have a Monster of the Week to make it more exciting". And that would have been WRONG.

Seconded. As Overlord pointed out, the "harvesting Wisps for power-sauce" is pretty horrific if you stop and think about it, but only if you stop and think about it. They never really stop and bring up the menace of it in-game, which just flushes any opportunity for omg drama down the toilet.
    Though in fairness, they've done the same thing in every Sonic game, 'cos badniks are pretty messed up too.
    It frustrates me that the occasional times they do go lol dark - I.e. '06 and maybe Shadow & SA2 - they contrive some "Freaky Divided Sun-God" or "Invading Black Arms" to inject blackness into the plot, whereas if you just look at the series' ever-present staples from a slightly different angle - Robotnik's massive industrial hellscapes and ecocide; killer robots powered by live animals - there's ample scope to dig drama out of the very bread and butter of the setting.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  5. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Gonna lose to Peace Walker, right?
    A number of people hold Sonic Colors DS to a higher regard than Sonic Colors Wii though.

6. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hey, it's not a bad game. In fact, it was the greatest of the Rush-like games, but then I don't really like Rush all that much, so yeah. I'd rather go with the console version.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    When I reviewed it for the site, I thought it the weaker of the two games, but still very much a good title. The gameplay's quite good, but it lacked the charm the Wii version had, which I understand turned some people off.

8. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    It's nice to see the DS version is getting some recognition. It still seems rarely talked about, I guess because most people bought the Wii version instead. Here's something I've had sitting on my hard drive for a while that I'd like to share. These shots were taken on Dolphin using a glitch that removes the HUD. Someone posted them on 4chan a few months ago, shortly after the game was released, but I didn't see them anywhere in this thread. Some of them make decent desktop wallpapers. I particularly like the map screen. I was thinking of uploading them to the wiki, but I guess I didn't really see the point.

Here's one of the title screen that I forgot to upload into the first gallery.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's certainly not as nice looking but it always seemed in videos to be the better-playing of the two (fewer death-pits, less straight areas of just boosting, violet void), and I've been having an amazing time with it. That said, I thought Rush Adventure would have been excellent if it weren't for the artificial lengthening that the materials mechanic required. (Now, if you could gather them through the mission mode too, I'd be a decent bit more fond of it.)

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, they do make some nice walls. Can you re-upload the green one somewhere? It doesn't appear to be working, unlike the others.

11. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I know I'm very late to the party here, but I've spent the last hour or so playing this game at a friends place.

Apart from the shitty theme song, I'm really loving the shit out of this game. It's a bit linear, but the music, the cartoony vibe, and the whole Sonic CD in 3D look all just feels so right!

So far, this could be the first 3D game in the series I've actually liked since the first Adventure.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Late is right bro.

In other news, Jim "I'd be trollin with segas lawlz" Sterling has wrote an article in march's issue of gamepro called "the fall of sonic the hedgehog". gee I wonder what he has to say?...

Trolling fuck just wants more stuff from sega doesn't he?...

14. I need to read this. Someone needs to get some scans, yo.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Oh please SEGA, troll back like you did with that Sonic Colors tarp, that was plain epic.

16. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Yeah, I'm sure Jim just wants to praise the fuck out of Sonic.
    [​IMG]

17. corneliab

corneliab

...yeah, clearly.

SoA sent that guy some Sonic-related stuff, (including a massive poster-like thing) BECAUSE of his rant. It was bit of a jokester prod on their part, all in good humor of course.

That's the context of the joke.

18. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Yeah, I know. I don't understand why it's considered 'trolling' when SEGA are in on the joke. oh wait jim gives troll reviews harr

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ok putting the joke that laserlove didn't get aside, does anybody have the issue and can scan the article?

Heres some quotes from the article cutersey of TSSZ:

Sound Familar?...

Really?...Really?!

Aaron Webber and Ken Balough team up with Jim Sterling as well in the article. I just fucking love the fact that gamepro printed this and yet gave sonic colors a decent review. doesn't make sense...

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, they're right. Sonic Retro does not cater to ALL Sonic fans. Cater to them and you get the slash-fic-writing crowd, as well, and to take the feedback verbatim would mean taking their ideas without any alterations just as much as it'd mean taking ours.