don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Hahaha, I'd play that, where do I sign up? :B

Elratauru: If I'm recalling correctly, yours (the mech) looked pretty cool. Is it somewhere on the interweb where I could see it again?

2. Kirinja

Kirinja

ATATATATA! Member
    Quick question:
    Will you release the soundtrack, like an album? With tags and in mp3 format? Would be kinda nice.

3. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I don't see why not. We haven't really talked about anything like that yet, though.

4. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    When I can would it be possible to have a ps3 port of this game? I would be honoured to work on the port if this was to happen :)

5. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    >MP3

It wouldn't be Sonic 2 HD if the music wasn't in a lossless format. :)

6. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    Wow, I had no idea this project was still alive. Every time I'd peek in on this sub-forum, I never saw any progress being made, so I assumed it was mostly over. I had no idea that a small group decided to privately take it into their own hands.

I must say, since all past contributions have been tossed out, I'm quite relieved over my decision to stop contributing to Sonic 2 HD ages ago. I truly wanted to help with this "community" project, but now I'm just glad that I didn't end up wasting more time than I already did.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    This here would make me buy a PS3.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Holy crap I would go the distance to do whatever I would need to do in order to play this game on my PS3.

9. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    From a coding standpoint it would eventually be technically possible to have S2HD ported to PS3 given its C++ base, but, and I'll emphasize this: highly unlikely. Like I said recently in this very thread, we don't have devkits for the consoles and we're not about to dig up bootleg versions to tinker with.

10. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    How would you play it beyond having a jail-broken PS3? Obviously you aren't going to run it through Sony to publish it on the store to sell, even if it was free.

11. Kirinja

Kirinja

ATATATATA! Member
    Flac takes up to much space on your mp3 player and the normal human cant tell the difference anyway.

12. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    We'll probably just have a couple versions available if we do have a soundtrack. One would be high quality mp3 and the other would be lossless.

13. CornetTheory

CornetTheory

Voice Artist Member
    Japan
    FLAC soundtrack in 192 khz 24 bit crystallized studio quality with a patented engineering technique passed down from Buddhist monks that have been carefully crafting the sound for a thousand years.

14. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    My entire music collection is 353 GB because of FLAC files. I have some 40-45 minute albums that are about 1.6 GB in size due to DVD or vinyl sound quality. Having the soundtrack in FLAC won't make much of a difference on my machine unless it's 24bit DVD quality or something.

15. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Does 'letterbox mode' I heard being mentioned before mean cropping the view for smaller screens (keeping art unscaled)?

EDIT: Wikipedia says no. Oh well, please implement what I said above... :)

16. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    Posting not as someone from SEGA, but rather as a fan, I wanted to personally wish you guys the best of luck with this project.

While I'm not too familiar with the past life of this project up to now, it does look like a lot of people in the gaming community are looking at this in a pretty positive light. In that regard, it does a good service both for what you guys want to accomplish, and for Sonic as a gaming icon.

Of course, the most important part now is buckling down and getting it out there. Take your time where you need to - even for as much as many people would like to play it right now, getting it as close to perfect as possible will also make a difference long-term. As was evidenced earlier, just make sure to try and communicate that as soon as possible, if it's going to take a little bit longer than expected. People will forgive you if the end result can live up to (most) expectations. :)

Good luck!

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    When I saw you username Ruby, I was thinking "Aaaaww shit, C&D goddamnit!". Don't you ever scare me like that again.

18. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Thanks for the encouraging feedback :)

19. scanline99

scanline99

Passing By Member
    UK
    ???
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, Ruby :). To say this project is a 'labour of love' for the S2HD staff would be a major understatement and it is our number one priority to ensure that Sonic 2 HD is as much a joy to play for every and any Sonic fan as it has been for us to create.

20. Cerulean Nights

Cerulean Nights

Sonic 2 HD Sprite Artist Member
    Wow, that is extremely encouraging Ruby, and I know we will all take your words to heart. At times it has been a tough struggle balancing between what the fans think they want, and what we feel is right for the project, because in the end there is such a wide variety of different things that people want from this game, it is inevitable that some people will be unhappy. What is important, though, is that the vast majority of people are very excited and are happy to wait as long as needed to see the game they grew up loving looking as good as ever in the modern age. As Sonic holds a place in all of our hearts on staff, in the end if our passions show through in our work, we have done our jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.