don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry, I meant footage. As in: a pre-recorded video of actual gameplay.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Just a quick question, who was in charge of the video editing for the teaser and the logo?

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That's why I only sorta get it. He said that he WANTS to see a playthrough of Act 1, not that there was one.

4. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    It looks very Slingersesque to me, if you know what I mean. But, considering how supa-seekrit-you-cant-haz this project has become, I doubt anyone other than the 6 staff members were involved

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Well, apart from the trailer being weighted more toward teasing (of a minute, 35 seconds of bad TV-filtered Sonic 2 plus some moving text made me start spitting swears at hobos, out of the window. IT IS YOUR FAULT, GUYS) it was, uh, GOOD.

I mean like, GOOD. Come on a million miles since I last saw anything; it still looks a little conservative and unimaginative, but that's your direction - at least the art all works together now. AND HOW. Good work, guys. Don't let the incoming C&D (probably. Hopefully not) put you off, this is awesome. :)

6. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Shit man, talk about a freaking explosion. :v:
    Slightly disappointed like a lot of others. I wasn't expecting a Sonic 4 move like that. It pisses me off, and evidently, quite a lot of others. The fact we've only got three screenshots and 11 seconds of footage doesn't help the matter either.
    Though this is a huge let down, the actual footage does look good still - but you'd think you guys would sweeten how sour this has become by giving us a little more than a teaser and 3 shots.

7. ancara

ancara

Well, I just woke up and saw all the......interesting posts made bewteen my last post and now.

At this point, I feel like there can still be at least a tiny bit of hope for things to go back to normal. Still, if we truely want to know exactly what the problem is, there's only one way to know:

LOst needs to inform us on what went wrong programming-wise. After all, he's the guy responsible for the engine that this thing's running on, right? So I'm sure he can at least answer for us in a simple post exactly what went horribly/hillariously wrong. Hey, it might even get some people know who how to program to figure out the problem and say how to fix it.

......but still, when was the last time LOst has posted in here? Or anywhere in general? I mean, you'd think he'd at least tell us that it's going fine/needing work still, right?

.........right?

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    If he were gonna do all that, he might as well just open-source the engine. Which he ain't gonna do.

I hope the alpha release comes along with a release of all materials created thus far. Then maybe someone else can make an engine, and actually make it open source. lOst is a great programmer, I have no doubt. But this one-man-army shit is seriously counter-fucking-productive. And I don't understand why other Core Staff members are taking the exact same tone he is. Why, it's almost as if he only agreed to work on his engine for the project if he were the only person to do so :ssh:

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Whoever has the balls to claim their own work, PM me so I know who you are.

10. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Scan was in charge of all that.

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, the titlescreen will be fully animated.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Not for nothin but, are we ignoring any further mention of this enormous cock-up, and only responding to what's easy to give a perceivably throw-away answer to?

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Wait, that screenshot is the actual title screen? Really? Animated?! That's friggin' brilliant. I'm happy again.

13. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Yes, and it's not just four frames like Sonic 4's. Make of this what you will.

14. Flare

Flare

This, I mean now that we have all seen the Sonic 2 HD trailer and I guess crit it as well as praise, what we have seen so far, will suggestions like "I preferred the Sonic before this current version" be noted or scrapped? Simply cause I would crit things I would change graphically but I fear it not taking into consideration. Nothing unjustified though but I take it that the communities views will be taken into an account?

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Haha, ok.

Why are the fingers on Sonic's right hand so weird looking?

EDIT: That's not exactly what I'm talking about Flare, but that too.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    That's it, I'm as happy as I was before the end of the countdown again. I like things like this! :thumbsup:

I await the alpha with anticipation.

Edit:
    Lol. I just needed something to cheer me up. Even the smallest graphical things cheer me up.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Is there ANYTHING left in EHZ that has been done by the "community", that hasn't been made/replaced by one of those 6 people?

*Not* connected to the above question, let's get practical and compare the latest screenshots with the Tach Demo:
    Tech Demo screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Alpha Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*edit* just looking at Eggman's vehicle, it'd be good if we could see some smoke coming out of those exhausts.

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Welcome to... the last 2 years or so? :v:
    Last time I checked there were some staff members who put several people on ignore here on the forum...

19. can I ask how you managed to get a video of the alpha if there have been problems getting it together?

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Looks like all was replaced apart form the grass. My bridge was replaced, but I think it was for the better.
    [​IMG]
    Looks pretty good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.