don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huepow00

Huepow00

That Crazy Bunny Member
    Orange County
    SSK: Super Sonic Knockout
    2 Hours, 25 Min.
    Standing By.

2. You'll want to refresh once in a while I left it open for about 2 hours 40 minutes (cause I fell asleep) and the timer fell behind by around 4 minutes, this equates to a loss of 8/9 seconds every minute on my machine

edit: maths correction

3. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
    Just popped into so say how excited I am, I've been watching since the start, to the crazy disorganized middle, and to the what I think is a much more efficiant group project today.

Best luck to you!

4. where can I find a full size version of the logo on the dev blog?

5. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Less than an hour to go :D

Nucleus: The image on the dev blog is full size, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

6. ancara

ancara

about 26 minutes to go, at least from here.

Oh boy, this'll be grand. Brace for epic, people!!!

7. normally images produced here are clear and crisp but the logo has some pixelated edges which can sometimes be a tell tale sign of a downsize

it'll be available everywhere in same amount of time which is now about 11 minutes.

on that note its almost time

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    You guys are amazing trolls. A month long countdown, and we get no demo. Amazing.

9. No Demo. D:

Pictures & Trailer Instead.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I guess you can't rush these things.

It DOES prove that this project is moving though.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Feels kind of like S4. :P

Though the 11 seconds of gameplay and two screen shots look pretty cool.

11. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    Best thing that came of this is that the bush got its ears back. And crashing the site with all the traffic.

12. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    Watching that video made me feel like I was a kid again, in the 90s.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I feel like I just waited 2 years for concept art of a Shellcracker or something. Jesus christ.

Don't hype shit up for months when you can't deliver on time. You look like a bunch of pretentious dicks right now. Try flossing the shit from between your teeth and releasing the game when it's done instead of setting overhyped countdown timers and rubbing the underside of peoples' dicks for hours on end. What an immense disappointment—playing a game off like it's what Sonic 4 "never was" and then doing the same shit in terms of promotion. Grow some fucking brains.

A video that is not even hosted on this website is why I had to spend 20 minutes waiting for this site to load. Fucking ridiculous.

14. the vid and pics look good but I can't say I'm not disappointed at the lack of the alpha, I suppose though that various issues will slow down the release so on that note great work to everyone thats worked on it and good luck with the alpha

15. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    [​IMG]

Seriously though. I just stumbled upon the S2HD site by going to it after seeing some activity in this section, and saw the website. It looks cool and all, but you hyped the hell out of... That? Feels like the last time you hyped the crap out of things, and the result was "The project is basically not a Community Project and we're adding more frames to animation."

The game itself should be fantastic whenever it comes out in 2015, but your public relations is kinda crap.

16. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    Excuse me? When I left I remembered you as the voice of reason. When did you get so angry? The art looks awesome and everything looks so professional. Even if no program is released, seeing the visuals counts for something, no?

17. zemulii

zemulii

It all looks absolutely beautiful. Totally looking forward to it. But now I really believe that this will never be a community project in any sense of the word whatsoever. It feels more closed off and secretive than some commercial games. I wonder what the purpose of this forum is, as this project is so completely closed that all it needs is a discussion thread. That said, good work on the closed project so far, it's looking nice. What little I'm allowed to see of it.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I like how the minute long video only has about 15 seconds of gameplay

Are you officially working with SEGA now?

19. ancara

ancara

Well......that was indeed unexpected. :v:

So yeah, exactly when are we actually going to get to play the alpha?

Just sayin' that it seemed like you were going to release it with hype like this, so yeah. :V

20. Trouble is though everyone not involved in its release expected a playable demo and they give us a video and pictures, no doubt it looks good, so do a lot of girls but in either situation theres really not much fun without some action

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.