don't click here

Sonic Adventure 8

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Stonerboy, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    You mean like a "autofix checksum" option? Well, No$GMB does have a function similar to that, but even fixing the checksum didn't fix the crashing part. (Just tested it out.) Like Stonerboy said, there probably has to be a patch written in order to get this ROM to work in a emulator. :\

2. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Here's an interesting one that I haven't heard about:

[​IMG]

Sega's latest smash hit, Super Mario and Sonic 2! Featuring Sonic, Tails, bunny-ears Mario, and Chip the chipmunk! It's currently on Ebay, but the seller only ships to Asia. I don't like to buy bootlegs, but I am curious as to what kind of abomination is in that cartridge.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    ...I'm not the BIGGEST Mario fan, but I don't believe there's a bunny-ears Mario, is there? And poor Chip, didn't even land a spot in the title despite his appearance on the cartridge art.

Man I love these things.

4. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Bunny Ears Mario is from Mario Land 2. As for the titles of these games, am I the only one who does not understand them at all? Why Sonic Adventure 8? Why not 3? Isn't that more believable and less random? I dunno.

5. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  6. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    That's what the VBA forks are for. vba-rr, the fork maintained by the TASVideos guys, is pretty good.

Then there's also Super Game Boy emulation via bsnes.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Soo...

Should this cart be added to the wiki since it is a different color cart from the one currently on the wiki?

8. PARASOL

PARASOL

Despite the game being crap, how do people come up with such great artwork for pirates like this?

9. dsrb

dsrb

Meanwhile, eight posts ago…

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Sonic & Knuckles is Sonic 4, Sonic 3D is Sonic 5, then you have Sonic 6 pirate crap. Sonic Adventure 7 is really Sonic 7 but they were too lazy to remove "Adventure" from the pic they used as the title screen.

11. You know I always thought that too like 10 years ago when these pirated roms first started popping up online like Somari, Sonic the Hedgehog NES (which was just Sonic the Hedgehog IN Somari), Sonic 4 for SNES (the speedy gonzales hack), etc.

You wonder how these pirates have enough knowledge to actually code a full video game, but yet can't do it right. The worst Sonic hack on retro is Citizen Kane compared to the best pirated game, pirate versions of Sonic Retro hacks don't apply.

12. Stonerboy

Stonerboy

So I finally got around to scanning the Sonic Adventure 8 Box for those of you who wanted to see it in greater detail.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was also particularly amused when I removed the price tag on the back and found this text
    [​IMG]
    I've zipped and uploaded higher quality jpegs of these images here along with the Sonic 3D Blast 5 box art if anyone wants to add that to the wiki or whatever. Also, if anyone specifically wants a full scan with the flaps, I can also provide that :)

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Full Scan with flaps would be great. well, just the side flap, we don't need the top or bottom flap.

14. GHFan

GHFan

I love how you can clearly see where they covered up the old logo on the back cover.

Silly pirates.

15. Stonerboy

Stonerboy

full scans here :)

16. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    >into an excitirg
    >Sonic Jam screenshot when name is not Sonic Jam, like, at all
    >name appears to flipflop between "3D Blast" and "1998" in different parts of the box
    >full colour, 3D screenshots on a GAME BOY GAME

Lazy bastards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.