don't click here

In-game continuity errors?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheLazenby, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

It seems to vary on the plot weather or not it can ghost hedgehogs through solid objects though.:v:
    It was already skewered on a space station, there was no reason for it to teleport. The Kamikaze Lizard must have spontaneously melted right before that following cutscene.

2. shihe

shihe

Here's one:

-Sonic Adventure, timeline ages ago, when the Echidna tribe was still present. The Master Emerald is sitting at the Emerald ALTAR.

-Sonic 3 & Knuckles, timeline present. Master Emerald is concealed in Hidden Palace Zone.

-Sonic Adventure, timeline present. Master Emerald is now in the Emerald Altar again.

Keep in mind that the Emerald Altar resides in an open space. While Hidden Palace is pretty much underground or in an interior location.

So it's either, a blatant continuity error, or someone (Tikal perhaps) changed the Master Emerald's location from the Altar to Hidden Palace, and then Knukles put the Master Emerald back at the altar when Hidden Palace crumbled under Sky Sanctuary.

---

2nd error:

In Sonic Adventure, Amy has a flashback of being carried in Sonic's arms, in Sonic CD events. Yet she's using her new design, red dress and boots, instead of the old clothes.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    This one I can answer.

Amy's redesign isn't a change of clothing. It's a redesign. As far as you're concerned, Amy has ALWAYS worn her new outfit. There was never a time where she wore her green skirt and orange shirt outfit. It's the same reason why Sega refused to use Sonic's classic design in a classic style game.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I always assumed that Eggman put the real Emerald into the console, while Sonic literally "slam dunk"ed the fake one into the cannon, the end it shoots out of. Which is why it started powering up, then exploded. Then the "Death to Humanity" program is entirely unrelated to the cannon not firing.

5. You're absolutely right. Both stories happened in exactly the same way, just from a different perspective, Sonic Team wanted you to believe you won when you played as Dark, so they didn't fudge it but they took some "myspace angle shots" with it.
    What actually happened was Sonic used Chaos Control to escape the space pod, landed over where Knuckles was and said "Maybe if I rush fast enough, I can make it to the cannon before it fires and slam dunk it in there" meaning he wasn't going to go to the control room and place it in the machine, he was actually going to throw it into the cannon and hope it malfunctions, thats why he's hanging from the pole giving the thumbs up at the end.
    After Tails and Dr. Eggman's fight Eggman's laying there pretending to be defeated, and he reaches over and grabs Tails's emerald and puts it in the machine and laughs maniacally that he won.
    The last story wraps these two together, having Eggman confused as to why the machine won't fire, now this could either be because of the program set up by Prof. Gerald Robotnik, or it could be that Sonic's plan to slam dunk the fake emerald into the cannon as it's about to fire worked.

So it's not a matter of continuity errors, it's more of perspective, each side won their respective battle on each side and then the two collide for the Last story where they fought together for a common goal.

6. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I thought up 2 excuses for this:

1) Blaze actually KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING, and has 2 Chaos Emeralds to help her do it, as opposed to the one which the Duke used to put Iblis in Elise,

or:

2) Satan doesn't die in Blaze. She kinda drifts up in the air and explodes, blasting aside the cloud cover. So she might have turned Iblis into the sun for a bit, or taken him to another dimension (Sonic Rush dimension?).
    Either way, Iblis is still alive. We know this is true because Mephiles successfully forms Solaris in the past, but Solaris "exists simultaneously throughout all regions of time", which means that as long as Solaris is alive, Solaris is ALWAYS alive. And Iblis is a necessary part of Solaris, so Iblis must also ALWAYS be alive. (oww my head)

By this logic, Silver and Blaze's travel to the future at the end to fight Iblis Phase III was utterly pointless, because it's Elise blowing out the Flame of Hope that eliminates him, rather than anything the cat did.

Rashomon effect.

But if the Solaris Project never exploded, then yeah, the Scepter wouldn't have contained anything interesting.
    ...which means Robotnik wouldn't have stolen it, and Rouge wouldn't have been sent to White Acropolis to recover it, and Shadow wouldn't have been sent in after her.

Again, Rashomon Effect. Amy's memory's not the most reliable record of reality, as she interprets everything as proof that Sonic loves her.
    The best example's in Sonic Battle, where (admittedly suffering from multiple concussion and exhaustion) she hallucinates Sonic so strongly that the hallucination beats up Rouge.

7. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Nah, ahn. Chaos Control is stopping time and/or space (it can be one or the other or both), even back in SA2. For example remember the last Sonic VS Shadow? If the opposing hedgehog falls out of the corridor (doomed to die as they fall onto Earth), they use Chaos Control to teleport back to the corridor. While all the other Chaos Control moments could be explained by stopping time that one won't help them there. This and the Biolizard teleporting from inside the ARK to the outside.

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I liked my explanation better :colbert:

9. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    I'm totally blaming Silver for this.

10. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    In-game continuity errors, you say? I'll give you one, and I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned before: I hate the fact that, in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, when playing with Sonic and/or Tails, Knuckles main body red color is pinky and his socks are yellow, while playing with him in the main game or in Competition Mode, his body color is the traditional "red" and his socks are green.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

While I'm not sure why he's pink if you're Sonic or Tails, the socks were yellow because of a technical issue. It hardly counts as a continuity error.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I had the theory, previously mentioned somewhere, that Sonic, while still in Super form, reversed the Moon of the planet to before the Eclipse Cannon blew it a new hole, out of concern the moon mightn't recover properly and the weather and tidal systems would be royally screwed up perminantly. Since the Cannon didn't fire on it again, the moon continued unharmed, like watching a movie on a video tape to the end, then rewinding and taping an alternate ending over the proper one: You know what happened beforehand, but now it never did according to the video. There maybe a little disruption, but it would resettle eventually.

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow, so, according to Sonic Adventure 2 and '06, Chaos Emeralds manipulate time too?

Then what the hell does that make the Time Stones? Chaos Emeralds by a different name?

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well... yeah. That's all they ever were, anyway.

15. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Perhaps. Since Little Planet is, well little, Chaos Emeralds there greatly influence Little Planet much more than they do Earth. Therefore, the first time someone collected all of the Time Stones and harnessed their power, instead of invoking a simple "time stop" or "teleportation" like the regular cast, his Chaos Control on Little Planet (with all of them) moved and/or altered the time of the entire planet! Furthermore, since that first time, the legend on the planet among its inhabitants was that those jewels in particular could powerfully affect time, thus the name Time Stones. This is slightly supported by the fact that Angel Island, an incredibly large landmass, floats solely because of the Master Emerald. [/speculation]

EDIT: ninja'd

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sonic X had a much simpler explanation when they'd finished the SA2 arc - Robotnik just repaired it =P

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Don't look mechanical in Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleased or Sonic Colours, so I'm sticking with my theory =L

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    One could just assume that in those games the angle/phase of the moon left the natural side visible only, though that could be a bit of a stretch.

Or, the game version of Robotnik's repairs were just made to look natural...

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Maybe we just always see the half of the moon that didn't get blown up. :v:

20. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    O thankyou God. Moon discussion. Finally gives me a reason to deploy MY SECRET WEAPON!!!!!

[​IMG]

The reason the moon doesn't look destroyed is because Planet Mobius has more than one moon

(By this count, at least 4, as there's 2 up there, we know there's another one with a hole in it, and then there's Sonic CD's Miracle Planet)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.