don't click here

Press the A, B, or C button to jump!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OKei, Dec 15, 2010.

What button do you use to Jump in the original Genesis Sonic games?

1. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just jump, or never noticed/cared.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Never played the games on the original hardware.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    C because it never changed. Games like S3D and Chaotix have different functions for the other buttons, so it's just easier to always use the same button.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I use to use C long ago when young, then I started using A and B just because, no reason really.

If I play using a megadrive controller now I end up using B or C more then likely without thinking about it.

3. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I was never able to capitulate like that, so I always took the extra time to change the control settings in those games. The brief annoyance doing so at the beginning of each play session was far outweighed by the annoyance of playing with what - to me - was the "wrong" button.

I say "capitulate", but I don't mean to make you sound weak. :v: Maybe something more positive, like "adapt".

4. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I've always used 'C' on original hardware, the space key for S&K Collection and 'D' on the keyboard when playing in emulator. I used to love playing debug mode after I beat Sonic 3 with all Emeralds, etc. so 'C' was a must press button if I wanted to jump.

5. Tidbit

Tidbit

I've always used C, all of my brothers did. It barely works any more.

6. Shwazoom

Shwazoom

^^^TIME STONE^^^
    Middle of Iowa
    Sonic Walkthroughs & Playthroughs on YouTube
    I always used C, because it would just feel more natural to me and it did space my hands out which was something I wanted to do. If I did use another button it would be because I was freaking out and trying to jump out of the way of something quickly.

7. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    I always used the C button because I have small hands and it was always the most comfortable position. And when your hands are resting on the Sega Genesis controller its the closest to where your thumb is. Occasionally I would use the B button though after playing lots of Streets of Rage games. :P

8. Flip

Flip

I have always used the B button. Im not really sure why, just because its in the middle I guess. it almost seems kind of easier! stupid I know, but there you go. have always been a bit funny about it, even to the point where I kind of have to press it or else it feels like im pressing the wrong button. there must be something wrong with me!! oh well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.